Manager Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy
Manager Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy
Switzerland - Zug
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, and cancer.
This Manager Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy position reports directly to the Director Government and Public Affairs for Switzerland and has dotted line reporting to the regional Associate Director of Public Affairs & Patient Advocacy. This role has responsibility for all patient advocacy initiatives in Switzerland, across Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus: HIV, Liver Disease and Oncology.
Specific Patient Advocacy Group Responsibilities
- Serve as primary Gilead contact for Swiss patient advocacy groups
- Maintain two-way dialogue with patient advocacy groups to understand priorities and opportunities for collaboration and support, while also sharing information about Gilead and our position on issues of mutual interest
- Develop and implement specific plans that allow the inclusion of patient perspectives and insights in dialogue and strategies serving our shared goal of enhancing patient access to Gilead's innovative medicines in Switzerland
- Collaborate on disease and treatment education, public health policy, and support for capacity building of patient advocacy groups
- Drive alignment with the Director GA/PA and the cross-functional team on external communication at major patient community events.
- Drive patient focused internal awareness events
- Ensure inclusion of Swiss patient advocacy representatives in Gilead's sponsored patient advocacy programs
- Ensure that the perspective of the patient community is reflected in internal planning
- Together with the Director GA/PA, and the Swiss Grants Committee, manage the Public Affairs grants program in Switzerland which includes reviewing applications for funding against predetermined criteria, awarding grants and following up on the outcome and impact of funded projects.
- Together with Medical Affairs, engage patient advocacy groups in advisory boards to gather patient insights to inform our decision-making
- Collaborate with the global Public Affairs leads for each therapeutic area to ensure alignment of Swiss advocacy activities to the corporate strategy and share best practices
- Represent Gilead in the communications working group of the industry association
Specific Public Affairs Responsibilities
- Working with Director GA/PA on preparation of communications materials including strategic programming, key messages, Q&A documents and press releases, as well as media and message training Gilead spokespersons for media interviews
- Manage all aspects of media relations including building relationships with key media, assessing media opportunities, developing media and adjacent key stakeholder responses (HCPs, health agencies, policy/Government, PAGs)
- Serve as Gilead Switzerland press office, with agency support
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Requires a strong track record of experience in patient advocacy or philanthropic work gained in similar roles in the healthcare industry or in NPOs/NGOs with a focus on healthcare.
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies
- Ability to build alliances with external stakeholders such as patient advocacy groups and other relevant NGOs
- Knowledge of the Swiss healthcare system and key policies relevant for pharmaceutical market access for highly innovative medicines
- Ability to command respect with both external and internal stakeholders
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with budget management
- Must be fluent in English and German; fluency in French is a plus
Gilead Core Values
Integrity (always doing the right thing)
Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Switzerland---Zug/Manager-Public-Affairs-and-Patient-Advocacy_R0017501-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency