Director, Global Product Learning
Director, Global Product Learning
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Global Product Learning
Foster City, CA OR Stockley Park, UK
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
The Global Commercial L&D Unit will be focused initially on four key areas - global marketing excellence, global selling model and first line manager training, product/disease training and global leadership development. This team will design and deliver global training content, as well as conduct train-the-trainers of specific global Commercial courses, as available.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Commercial Learning and Development, the Director, Global Product Learning will be responsible for leading all aspects of global product and disease learning. The candidate will be accountable for conducting global training needs assessments, training design, training development, training delivery and training evaluation.
The successful Global Product Learning leader will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of team leadership experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic Commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
- Consolidate regional / global Commercial team input and develop a comprehensive global product/disease training needs assessment.
- Work with US (key contributor) and affiliates Commercial Learning & Development to:
- Develop inventory of current regional/local existing training programs
- Review inventory to determine viability for reuse or adaptation at a global level.
- Determine content changes required or work with external vendors to design and build new global content.
- Support localization of training content: translation into other languages and provide guidance when major changes are required due to local regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate closely with regional learning and development organizations, especially the US Commercial Learning & Development function.
- Build Global Product/Disease Commercial training plan
- Once global training is developed, lead trainers for global content, and lead any efforts to conduct regional/local train-the-trainer activities. Significant global travel may be required as he/she conduct global training.
- Support a learning and development leadership summit, where leaders from Regional/Local learning and development (e.g., US, Stockley Park, EU5, China, Japan, Intercontinental, etc.) units will meet from time to time to discuss, coordinate and collaborate to deliver the best training possible in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Build relationships and engage with organization senior executives and functional stakeholders
- Ensure that strategic plans, goals and objectives are documented, communicated, reviewed and evaluated on a continuous basis
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout training development processes, continuously incorporating feedback to ensure relevance and inclusion.
- Proactively engage with commercial groups to resolve issues, conflicts and interdependencies
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion
Skills and experience:
- 12 + years' experience with a BS/BA, 10 + years' experience with a MS/MA OR 8 + years' experience with a PhD working in the biopharmaceutical and/or health care industry in Commercial roles with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities Must be able to establish credibility as a successful commercial leader.
- Global experience a must.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling training to large global audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to connect and align stakeholders of diverse backgrounds/countries.
- Excellent influencing skills: managing without direct power skills
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead others as well as do own work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing, experience presenting before executive staff
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams or work groups as well as motivate and develop direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree required with an MBA or advanced scientific degree highly desired
- Experience in global markets (e.g. EU, Japan, China, other Rest of World)
- Experience in other Commercial roles (marketing, sales, market access, etc.) is desirable
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Global-Product-Learning_R0019407-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency