Field Market Access Manager, Austria (m/f/d/)
Field Market Access Manager, Austria (m/f/d/)
Austria - Vienna
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 9,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development.
By joining Gilead as Field Market Access Manager (m/f/d) you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases.
With approximately 40 employees, Gilead Sciences Austria based in Vienna and has significantly grown in the past few years. Due to our strong pipeline, in combination with an existing portfolio of best in class products', the Field Market Access Manager position is of strategic importance to secure further access for our products and to ensure future business growth in Austria.
This role reports into the Director Market Access & Reimbursement.
As Field Market Access Manager, you will be acting as the key contact for Market Access stakeholders (Hospital Pharmacies, Hospital Administration and relevant Boards) for Gilead's hospital portfolio.
In this role you will establish and maintain relationships with those stakeholders with the aim to ensure fast and broad patient access to our products.
You will need to understand the specific hospital and regional requirements and processes, and elaborate solutions that fits with our and the payors needs.
You will establish and manage long term business relationships with key-stakeholders (f.e. decision makers in the hospital, purchasers & purchaser communities, budget holders, hospital decision boards).
By providing the relevant information to stakeholders you ensure optimal launch and access conditions for a broad range of upcoming products and indications, mainly in the area of oncology/solid tumors, as well as for established products.
You will also monitor and inform relevant decision boards who take decisions on new pharmaceutical innovations in the hospital sector; and understand current developments and needs of those boards.
Furthermore, you will ensure alignment within the local affiliate with all other relevant functions such as commercial and medical, as well as regional Market Access decision makers.
You ensure compliance in the performance of the duties with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies governing interactions with healthcare professionals and other customers
Specific Job Requirements
- Demonstrated impeccable external relationship building skills combined with excellent internal cross functional collaboration, a proven and successful record of Field Market Access experience or relevant other related experience in Austria and is well connected to external stakeholders (Hospital Board of Directors, Hospital Pharmacists, Hospital Purchasers & Decision Boards).
- Understand the needs of different stakeholders, be an active partner in providing tailored solutions according to hospital and regional requirements.
- Deep understanding of the local policy & payer environment and a deep understanding of local priorities - bringing insight into the organization as to how these areas are commissioned, what key local access barriers and recommendations as to how key challenges can be resolved
- The ability to articulate and refine brand value propositions through use of approved Gilead Payer Tools and messaging. Ability to prepare and understand scientific data, cost effectiveness and budget impact models in a meaningful way to payors to inform their decision making.
- Experience in building a strategic framework on sub-national and hospital level and execute on this
- Field Market Access (key account management) Experience & Success in Role in Pharma preferably innovative high value medicines Commercial Experience
- Lead the negotiation of contracts (e.g. supply contracts) with our customers and in close collaboration with our Legal & Business Conduct department.
- Ability to prepare and understand scientific data, cost effectiveness and budget impact models in a meaningful way to payors to inform their decision making.
- Develop new formats how to collaborate and discuss relevant materials via different information channels.
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced team with the strong focus to launch and establish innovative solutions in the area of oncology.
- Experience in launch- and account planning, preferred in the field of oncology, which take a holistic view on hospitals, hospital groups and regions across Austria.
- Set up tracking and KPI measurements to track launch success, access situation across regions and inform internal stakeholders.
- Have an understanding of different hospital innovation evaluation- and decision boards on different levels across the healthcare system
- Anticipate new access requirements and innovation evaluation boards/bodies. Contribute to such processes to ensure broad and fast patient access.
- Proven team player who closely collaborates cross-functionally, with especially commercial and medical functions, to ensure launch success.
- Ability to prepare and discuss access business cases and funding strategies for hospital products with our internal stakeholders in German as well as fluently in English language (written and orally)
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Successful track record in the pharmaceutical industry and previous experience with a focus on customer interactions.
- Proven delivery of successful outcomes in the hospital environment
- Proven experience of Self-motivation, Accountability, Integrity & Teamwork, Sales Excellence
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to establish successful strategic networks
- A profound level of knowledge of the local Code of conduct and business ethics
- Leading & Influencing teams without authority
- Understanding of payer environment,
- Acquired insights in the dynamics/interactions of the national and local hospital market and respective funding environment
- Ability to prioritize and flex dependent on the needs & requirements of the business
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence senior managers to adopt ideas and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Hands-on & can do' attitude
- Fluent in German and English
Gilead Core Values:
Integrity (Always doing the right thing)
Teamwork (Collaborating in good faith)
Excellence (Working at a high level of commitment and capability)
Accountability (Taking personal responsibility)
Inclusion (Encouraging diversity)
The minimum salary for this position is 75,000 with a flexibility for higher salary based on qualification and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Austria---Vienna/Field-Market-Access-Manager---Austria_R0019360-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency