Sr Manufacturing Technician I
Sr Manufacturing Technician I
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Manufacturing Technician I
- In a tidy and legible fashion, documents, as requested or required, all aspects of operations in the associated batch records, log books and forms.
- Accurately records time spent on each project or task.
- Adheres consistently to cGMPs by following written instructions in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Master Batch Records (MBRs).
- Performs specific tasks on reactors, filtration equipment and dryers with minimal supervision.
- Cleans manufacturing areas, including walls, ceilings and floors.
- Cleans and assembles equipment for production.
- Understands and performs daily checks required in the plant.
- Works cooperatively with other team members under the guidance of a Team Leader.
- Interacts with department members to ensure production proceeds as scheduled.
- Carries out routine work with only basic instructions, and new assignments with detailed instructions.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots routine problems.
Safety and Environment
- Ensures that all equipment, tools and surrounding plant are to the best of his/her knowledge, safe to operate.
- Complies with all safety-related procedures and practices personally and in area by following P-codes and wearing the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Regularly attends the Shift Safety Meetings and brings any concerns regarding safety to the Sr. Team Leader or Manufacturing Manager.
- Reads and understands the Batch Records and related Hazard Data Packages for assigned processes.
- Regularly inspects the work area and if appropriate, immediately notify supervision of any deviation, incident or safety concern.
- Ensures that the immediate work areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness and house-keeping at all times.
- Regularly attends in-house training and documents same in their personal Training record.
- As identified/assigned by management from time to time.
Education & Experience
- A two (2) year Diploma or two years related industrial experience.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Sr-Manufacturing-Technician-I_R0018968-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency