Digital Experience Platform Lead
Digital Experience Platform Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Digital Experience Platform Lead is in the Enterprise Platform & Digital Solutions group. This team works across the organization with all business teams to deliver on Gilead's dedication to bringing life-saving therapies to people in need. You will focus on working closely with the key stakeholders to deliver on the digital user experience to external customers, manage a team of digital engineers, manage multiple vendors and be a champion for customer needs.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
- Collaborates with content managers, product owners, front and back-end developers, and Infrastructure to lead digital transformation
- Provide technical direction, support custom development needs, develop integrations, and coordinate activities over multiple resources both internally and with external agencies
- Implement best practices and standard software architecture patterns.
- Must keep abreast of the latest Sitecore CMS developments and trends including personalization, responsive design, application customization and 3rd party integration
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Understand and plan for infrastructural impacts, plan for and validate functional and non-functional requirements, ensure compliance with secure development standards and negotiate security trade-offs, and provide technical mentoring on coding techniques, methods and standards
- Ability to help production support teams to troubleshoot production issues if needed
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Recent Hands-on experience in Sitecore 9.0 (or above)
- Sitecore 8.0 or higher certified
- Front end development on Sitecore v9.X/10.x and directing work of other Sitecore developers
- Collaborative leader who can work with program / product managers to achieve business objectives
- Hands on experience in delivering web/digital experience projects
- Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industry experience strongly desired
- Strong development background, extensive architecture experience, and technical leadership qualifications
- Must have managed globally dispersed technical delivery team
- Strong digital product management skills, experience with client journeys and managing digital user experience.
- Strong support experience in digital marketing technologies like Sitecore, .NET, PHP, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Analytics, Azure DevOps, Java Script, CSS etc.
- Expert in Sitecore Administration and Sitecore Development. Flexible enough to work on Sitecore versions 9.x or 10.x platforms
- Practical knowledge of Sitecore Template Layouts, Components, Sitecore API, Rendering, Sitecore Caching, and Search functionality
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills, and can collaborate at all levels
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Digital-Experience-Platform-Lead_R0017569-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency