Sr Director, Medical Affairs- HIV- Remote or Foster City based
Sr Director, Medical Affairs- HIV- Remote or Foster City based
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
US Strategy Lead, HIV Treatment, Senior Director
United States Medical Affairs (USMA)
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information please visit Gilead.com.
We have an exciting opportunity within our US Medical Affairs leadership team for a Senior Director, Medical Affairs Strategy within HIV Treatment. This role will be In-house or Remote, depending on the location of the successful applicant.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Member of the Indication Leadership Team (ILT) and development of the Global Integrated Strategic Plan (ISP)
- Develop and deliver the US yearly POA, including strategies and tactics
- Lead efforts for the US in global Congress, and lead for US Congress
- Serve as an information resource and trainer to Gilead colleagues, including the US Medical Scientists, including medical educational activities, grants, and investigator-sponsored/collaborative studies.
- US KOL Management
- Serve on Independent Medical Education (IMED) Committee to review and give medical perspective on IMED proposals within the US.
- Oversee medical and scientific review of US promotional materials for PRC.
- Management of US Medical Affairs Advisory Programs (MAAPs)
- Collaborate with phase 4 Medical Affairs Sub Team (MAST) and Clinical R&D
- Leads the delivery of timely, accurate, and succinct communication of fair-balanced clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare professionals, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the Editorial Review Board for review of all scientific content
- Accountable for providing Medical Affairs strategic input into Publication Strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the successful dissemination of innovative clinical information and foster medical and scientific information exchange from and throughout the US.
- Coach and effectively manage an inclusive culture for the assigned US Medical Affairs team members via active observation of the team; establishment of clearly defined team and individual goals & objectives (quantitative and qualitative); implementation of processes to routinely monitor progress; hire, motivate, retain and develop high performers.
- Collaborates effectively and in a compliant manner with colleagues in other functional areas throughout Gilead.
- 10+ years of Medical Affairs and HIV leadership experience preferred
- Advanced degree in life sciences in one or more of the following: MD, DO, PharmD; Ph.D. or another scientific equivalent degree
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully lead the ideation, development of a plan, and move to action
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, scientific, entrepreneurial environment
- Existing contacts with HIV providers, advocates, institutions, and/or hospitals strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of regulatory and compliance environment
- Effective organizational, project planning, and time management skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe;
- Ability to travel (+/- 30%)
Gilead Sciences, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Apply online today through the Workday career site.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Medical-Affairs--HIV--Remote-or-Foster-City-based_R0019318
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency