Associate Director Quality Engineering
Associate Director Quality Engineering
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere that promotes diversity, equality and inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard; where you can see and measure the results of your contributions. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence are evident in everything we do.
Reporting to the Director, Quality Engineering, this individual will ensure that Quality Engineering initiatives are appropriately coordinated to completion and will apply structured change management techniques to ensure successful adoption of large-scale transformations and key Quality Engineering projects.
- Leads DMAIC projects and facilitates workshops throughout the continuous improvement lifecycle, from ideation to change sustainment.
- Monitors overall quality engineering project portfolio, provides mid-range planning, and communicates project outcomes.
- Facilitates Analytics/Metrics Programs and provides consultation on leading indicators
- Designs and delivers Lean Six Sigma classes and mentors Yellow/Green Belt candidates
- Provides data analysis for key insights in decision making
- Manages and provides guidance to team members, including organizing and prioritizing group tasks, performing training, and managing performance.
- Maintains Quality Engineering programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls ensuring that performance and quality of products conform to established standards and agency guidelines.
- Analyzes, revises and develops internal procedures and systems required to ensure GMP compliance.
- Manages complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure product meets regulatory, performance, and cost requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates expertise in Quality Engineering principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates expertise in Lean Six Sigma, Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology, performance measures, and quality improvement.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Risk Management tools (e.g., Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and / or Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)).
- Understands and can apply Data Science/Advanced Analytics in solving problems.
- Certification by ASQ (Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified Quality Engineer, and Certified Quality Manager) or other industry-recognized professional organizations.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA in engineering or science related degree OR 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Prior people management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in quality engineering/operational excellence in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-Quality-Engineering_R0019299-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency