Director, Human Resources, Research HRBP
Director, Human Resources, Research HRBP
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced HR Business Partner with biopharma experience to join our HR team in Foster City, California. In this role you will partner with the Exec Director, HR Research to provide HRBP support to the leaders and employees in Gilead's Research organization You will partner with HR colleagues in Talent Acquisition, Talent Development & Inclusion, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, People Analytics, and more to provide people strategies and services to this critical function. You will have the opportunity to partner and collaborate with our talented team of HRBPs across functions and geographies to deliver programs for Research as well as the with the HR function.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the Research business strategies and priorities
- Translate strategic objectives into people and talent priorities that will support achievement of those objectives
- Collaborate with HR COEs (Talent Development & Inclusion, Total Rewards, & Talent Acquisition, etc.) to implement and align HR programs to enable achievement of Research people strategies
- Within client group support corporate culture, values, and leadership commitments and leads employee and manager engagement initiatives to foster teamwork and enhance employee engagement aligned with corporate values and leadership commitments
- Formulate strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans by leading talent management processes and where needed identify new talent needs
- In partnership with client management to identify gaps in operational and leadership effectiveness within the function, develop, and implement plan to close the gaps
- Provides coaching support for site or client group leadership, building skills, knowledge, and competencies to achieve results and make employee-related decisions in a fast-changing environment
- Advises management on HR policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions, which may be significantly complex
- Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within the organization and builds two-way communication channels
- Participate as a team member on special projects providing HR expertise (i.e. job leveling analysis)
- In partnership with our ER team enable the management and resolution of employee relations issues ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Gilead policies
- Develop and conduct presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects
- Utilize data driven approaches to recommend best practice solutions.
- Utilize those performance driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders
- Minimal travel will be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the HR field
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working for a bio-pharmaceutical company a plus
- Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are self-initiated with very little direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must possess excellent influencing skills.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation / employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- May require experience and ability to manage staff.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
Gilead Leadership Commitments:
- I am bold in aspiration and agile in execution
- I care and make time for people
- I listen, speak openly, and explain the why'
- I trust others and myself to make sound decisions
- I own the impact of my words and actions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Human-Resources--Research-HRBP_R0019293-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency