MBA Rotation - CFO II
MBA Rotation - CFO II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences - CFO MBA Leadership Program - Finance, Operations, IT & Strategy
Title: CFO MBA Leadership Program - Finance, Operations, IT & Strategy
The Gilead Sciences CFO MBA Leadership Program is for second year MBA candidates seeking entry into biotech by providing a rotational as well as placement opportunities within the CFO organization at Gilead Sciences. The CFO organization at Gilead is expansive and includes a variety of groups and departments: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), IT, Tax, Treasury, Controllership, Operations, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Corporate Development and Strategy. The CFO organization supports every area of the company by providing financial analytics, operational expertise (i.e. procurement, project management), fiscal planning, budget forecasting, strategy development and deal execution (i.e. joint venture, partnership, acquisition) as well as managing financial reporting and engagements with external audiences. Program participants will have the opportunity to gain valuable cross-functional experiences with exposure to senior leaders, challenging high impact initiatives, and diverse networking opportunities.
Upon hiring, participants will have the opportunity to rotate through two 12-month assignments over the course of two years or be placed in a two-year specialization path. The rotation assignments and specialization paths are designed to provide opportunities to learn about different financial, operational, IT and/or strategic areas of the company. After completion of the two years, program participants will continue to develop their careers by aligning to an open position in the Gilead CFO Organization.
Duties, roles and responsibilities will vary based on the interest and capability of the participant as well as business needs. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts advanced analyses for middle and upper management and makes recommendations such as reporting changes, corporate strategy, pricing strategy, and forecasts
- Participates in the development and coordination of the annual planning calendar, budget and forecasts
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue reporting, and functional expense reporting
- Procurement, Strategic Sourcing
- Build strong relationships with Procurement organization and operational teams to manage overall execution of active sourcing and procurement programs and projects to ensure that they meet goals and deliver targeted results.
- Liaise with Procurement category teams to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to process and technology (and monitor associated results).
- Support creation of programs and tools to help organization adapt to change and foster a diverse and inclusive culture
- Corporate Engineering and Facilities, Strategic Planning
- Provide financial cost-benefit analysis for OPEX reduction initiatives.
- Create a contingent worker spend dashboard and identify cost-reduction drivers.
- Leverage six-sigma process improvement methodologies (process mapping, SIPOC, DMAIC).
- Corporate Project Management Office
- Manage critical business focused projects including creating dashboards and reports that communication progress, risk and achievements.
- Organize projects in terms of scopes of work, schedules, business plans and cost estimates.
- Create and publish dashboards and reports that communicate project progress, risk and achievements.
- Work on multi-disciplinary internal audit and special project teams under the direction of audit managers and senior associates to build your skills, relationships and experiences
- Participate in audits; learn audit methodologies, concepts and assist with controls testing
- Hands-on participation in any program aspect when required
- Write and shape investor communications such as press releases and executive scripts
- Manage earnings call process and coordinate deliverables with Finance, Legal, and Public Affairs
- Work closely with the Treasury group to support capital initiatives including meetings with fixed income investors and ratings agencies
IT - Business Analyst
- Identify opportunities, solve business objectives leveraging modern tools and provide accurate Return on Investment analysis
- Capable of building analytical models that evaluate business situations and provide recommendations.
- Participates in requirements discussions and design review of system enhancements
Corporate Development & Strategy
- Potential investment, drug licensing, partnerships, acquisition projects as well as coordination of technical diligence efforts for opportunities of interest
- Creation of business case presentations for senior leadership
- Direct and support corporate strategy projects focused on our strategic ambitions and priorities
Tax - CPA or Masters in Taxation Preferred
- Develop understanding of the company's business and transaction flows, and how it impacts and interacts with the IP and commercialization structures
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners, as well as external advisors, to develop and maintain an efficient and defensible tax structure that support Gilead's evolving business needs and initiatives, including supporting business development efforts
- Participate in planning and implementation of initiatives in response to U.S. tax reforms and evolving international tax landscape
Treasury - CFA preferred but not required
- Balance sheet, cash flow and risk-based capital monitoring, forecasting and analysis for the consolidated entity and its subsidiaries
- Provide assessment of issues, perspective on results, and recommendations (e.g., regarding trends that might impact target setting or how a proposed acquisition might impact regulatory capital)
- Management reporting regarding balance sheet, cash flow and capital.
- Conduct advanced analyses or benchmarking financial and reporting processes to support decision making
- Prepare financial reports for internal and/or external reporting purposes
Product / Service:
- Understand how Gilead advances patient care through research and development
- Learn how Gilead provides physicians with resources to better care for their patients
- Gain exposure into how Gilead Commercial Operations reaches our patients
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
- Work in a corporate finance, planning, and strategy environment.
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Practice team-based work competencies.
- Develop effective communication skills with executives, business contacts, and external clients.
Candidate / Student Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA graduate from a top tier program
- 4 - 5 years of prior experience - finance, accounting, banking, operations, healthcare and strategy experience a plus
- B.A or B.S degree in accounting, finance or a related filed (preferred - not required)
- CPA, CFA, PMP or other relevant professional certification is a plus
- Energetic, organized and detailed skilled with today's technology systems, applications and platforms
- Strong forecasting and financial modeling capability a plus
- Education and training in biological sciences is a plus
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a team-based environment
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Independent worker and self-starter that enjoys problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presenting, meeting or workshop facilitation)
- Ability to manage various tasks, priorities and timelines and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry and gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization
- Participants will gain knowledge through rotations and placement experiences necessary to determine the direction of their career at Gilead in the CFO organization
- You will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders as you gain cross-functional experience by interfacing with multiple business units.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including team-based interaction, influencing without authority and the capability to aid in the definition and direction of the firm's initiatives and long-term strategy
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
Gilead Leadership Commitments:
- I am BOLD in aspiration and agile in execution
- I CARE and make time for people
- I LISTEN, speak openly, and explain the why
- I TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions
- I OWN the impact of my words and actions
- This role is based in the Gilead Sciences headquarters (Foster City, California)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/MBA-Rotation---CFO-II_R0019295
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency