Sr Accountant, External Reporting
Sr Accountant, External Reporting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This position will report to the Associate Director of External Reporting. The primary responsibilities include the preparation, coordination and review of disclosures included in our SEC filings. The Sr Accountant will participate in the review and preparation of certain earnings release materials as well as proxy statement. He/she will be a key contact on the preparation of SEC filings and works collaboratively with cross-functional teams and subsidiaries across the company.
Specific Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Prepare and review all disclosures (financial and non-financial) included in the SEC filings (e.g., Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and Quarterly Earnings Release)
- Coordinate and manage feedback on SEC filings from internal management and external auditors
- Conduct technical reporting, accounting and disclosure research
- Perform industry peer group benchmark studies and work with his/her manager in making recommendations for the company's disclosure strategies and policies
- Work directly with the business partners to support, analyze and corroborate disclosure information
- Facilitate quarterly meetings with business partners and senior management
- Ensure that disclosures comply with the SEC and U.S. GAAP requirements
- Maintain SOX controls with high quality documentation in accordance with the company's SOX program
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required
- Assist with special projects as needed
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Self-motivated and a problem-solver
- Attention to detail, with a desire for continuous process improvement
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong technical accounting and reporting research skills
- Ability to work in teams
- CPA qualification is required
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 4+ years of relevant experience and BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent
- Wdesk / Workiva experience
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry and/or a multi-national organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Accountant--External-Reporting_R0018909-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency