Washington Research Foundation (WRF) Postdoctoral Fellowship
Our goal for the WRF Postdoctoral Fellowships
WRF supports 10 new highly creative and dedicated postdoctoral scientists each year at research institutions in Washington state. Fellows conduct groundbreaking research on their own original projects addressing unmet public needs. Our ultimate goal is for the Fellows’ research to benefit the public, through enabling innovative discoveries that eventually lead to the creation of new products and services.
WRF Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Are chosen by an outstanding external selection committee
- Receive three years of support at an eligible research institution in Washington state
- Choose the laboratories at which they will conduct their research
- Select a 2022 start date of January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1
- Receive a salary of $65,000 for the first year, $67,500 for the second year and $70,000 for the third year, plus benefits of up to $20,000 per year
- Have a budget of up to $5,000 per year for research supplies, equipment and/or travel
- Attend periodic lectures and networking events
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have completed a doctorate from an accredited graduate program prior to commencement of their Fellowship. Preference will be given to applicants who gained their PhDs on or after July 1, 2020
- Can have a background in any STEM field, but preference will be given to applicants whose project proposals are in life sciences and enabling technologies
- If selected for an interview, must be available via Zoom on September 25 or 26, 2021 at WRF’s discretion
- If selected for an interview, candidates must identify the institution and lab in which they will conduct their research, plus submit a letter of support from their prospective PI
Applications must be submitted through the Embark platform on our website no later than the end of the day on Sunday, June 27, 2021.