Assoc Director, Global Commercial Finance - FP & A
Assoc Director, Global Commercial Finance - FP & A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director - Global Commercial FP&AThe Associate Director, Global Commercial FP&A will support both revenue and operating expense for the global commercial organization. He / She will partner with regional affiliates and corporate function in supporting the financial planning calendar and process, financial reporting and earnings preparation. This role will support strategic global analytics for the commercial function, analyses and outputs that synthesize, distill, and clearly communicate key business drivers and insights on the plan including developing commercial budget presentations for executives and the board.
Success in this role will require the ability to work within cross-functional teams, partner with corporate, regional affiliates, cross functional FP&A team, provide leadership and guidance to the FP&A organization, develop and communicate insightful analytics, and manage projects to drive continuous improvements on a global basis.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Support LE calendar and process for commercial function with region / affiliates.
- Drive story telling' exercise for the budget / long range plan and prepare materials for CCO & CEO consumption
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for the LRP and LE processes with the commercial function
- Support weekly revenue reporting, monthly and quarterly close reporting and internal communication.
- Reviews and approves account structure changes, set up of new business units and systems functionality
- Assist in preparing earnings prep material for CFO and CCO in preparation for earnings call preparation by helping distill key message and associated financial metrics
- Take a lead in utilizing, synthesizing and integrating data to form insights that guide our results and strategies, and help senior decision makers understand the landscape we work in and identify additional financial value-adding opportunities.
- Develops current and future business drivers, leads the preparation of all recurring finance activities including the quarterly forecast, annual budget, monthly analysis, and quarterly operating reviews.
- Coordinates long-range strategic planning process for Functional Area and integrates with annual budget and mid-range forecasting.
- Serves as a key advisor to senior management of the Global Commercial function on operating results.
- Leads or serves as a key project team member in cross-functional system implementations for business partners.
- Create visualizations to aid in understanding data, ensuring quick support of urgent needs
- Take an active part in several corporate level cross-functional initiatives and strategic projects
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Financial systems expertise: is critical as this person will be the go-to person for commercial financial data structure
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Project Management: The candidate must possess the ability to actively manage the execution of projects that involve many cross-functional stakeholders. This includes providing guidance on project scope and timelines, integrating the work of multiple teams into project deliverables, and ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Change Leadership: The candidate must be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. This individual will be viewed by business partners as a thought leader with strong influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The successful candidate will possess 8+ years of experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in M&A for bio-tech or Pharma is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and significant knowledge and understanding of US GAAP is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, including SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase, and OBIEE is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Assoc-Director--Global-Commercial-Finance---FP---A_R0019091-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency