Associate Director, Project Management
Associate Director, Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Project Management, is a position within Gilead Development Operations Systems Project Management Office (PMO). The Systems PMO office was established in late 2018 as a strategic function within the Development Operations Systems & Process (DOSP) organization with the following key objectives: 1) to ensure Development portfolio of systems projects is aligned with Gilead and Development business and digital strategies; 2) to institute a common project intake, prioritization and governance framework for all systems projects; 3) to establish a portfolio level view across all Development programs, initiatives and projects; 4) to develop a standard set of project and portfolio reporting metrics and analytics to facilitate portfolio health reviews and project prioritization, approval and funding decisions; 4) to develop and ensure consistent application of other common project management standards and processes across all systems projects; 5) to identify and select scalable tools for project intake, prioritization and tracking, as well as for portfolio reporting and analytics 6) to provide project management, change management, and communications leadership on Development systems projects by assigning DOSP Systems PMO Project Managers; 7) to provide requirements management, business process definition and other business analysis services on Development systems projects by assigning DOSP Systems PMO Business Analysts; 8) to create an inventory of all systems assets used and owned by Gilead Development organization to drive technology rationalization decisions.
This position will report into Director, Project Management, leading the DOSP Systems PMO function. The position will assume the role of a Project Manager and/or Business Analyst on one or several Development systems selection and/or implementation projects. In addition to Project Management responsibility, the position is also expected to lead and actively contribute to on-going DOSP Systems PMO efforts to develop and utilize common set of portfolio and project management processes, standards, performance indicators and tools. The position will not have direct reports, but the Project Manager will manage cross-functional project teams in a matrix environments so superior communications, influencing and people management skills are a must. The ideal candidate for this position will combine strong project management and PMO setup experience and skill set, with a passion for leading cross-functional teams, influencing a diverse group of stakeholders, and driving complex project outcomes with excellence in a dynamic and at times uncertain environment. The ideal candidate with have extensive domain experience within the life-sciences industry and thorough knowledge of R&D business processes and enabling technologies such as RIM, PPM, and CTMS. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience with translating business and technology strategy into a cohesive portfolio of strategically aligned project, as well as developing project prioritization and portfolio governance methodologies and techniques. Assigned projects may include global stakeholders so ability to work in different time zones and travel are required.
The specific RESPONSIBILITIES for this position will include the following:
- Plan and manage one or several critical cross-functional system selection and/or implementation programs and projects in alignment with strategy, specific business needs and objectives.
- Ensure on time, on budget, and on scope delivery of assigned programs and projects through rigorous scope, timeline and cost management.
- Define, measure and effectively communicate business and financial benefits of technology programs and projects.
- Develop and manage key project information such as status, timelines, scope statements, budgets, resources, risks and issues, decisions, and actions items.
- Act as the primary communication point on projects for project team, business and IT stakeholders, users, management and vendors.
- If necessary, lead business analysis activities to translate business needs into specific user and business requirements and to complete required business process analysis and documentation.
- Lead project change management and communications activities to ensure updates to procedural and enabling documentation, as well as effective project communications.
- Work to establish project and portfolio management, business analysis and change management & communications processes and templates to facilitate consistent execution of DevOps approved projects.
- Follow procedures and SOPs as appropriate for project and portfolio management, business analysis, change management and communications, and other operational tasks.
- Be able to analyze and solve problems, champion new processes and learn new technologies.
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams, including business partners, Gilead IT and vendors.
- Manage project vendors, including vendor activities and deliverables as necessary.
- Assigned projects may include global stakeholders so ability to work in different time zones and travel are required.
The specific KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS will include the following:
- Knowledge, prior experience and demonstrated success with developing project and portfolio management processes, methodologies and templates, including portfolio prioritization and governance processes.
- Prior experience and demonstrated success with managing complex system selection, implementation and validation projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Prior experience with managing business analysis and change management and communications activities on technology projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with business process modeling, requirements analysis and tracking tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and proactively at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders in different part of organization.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate with project team members, including remote participants.
- Advanced knowledge of GxP compliance.
- Formal training in project, program and portfolio management preferred and PMP certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementations.
- Master's degree with 7+ years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementation.
- PhD degree with 4+years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementation.
- Experience and education in Life Sciences preferred.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with Regulatory Information Management (RIM), Submission Planning and Tracking, Regulatory Archiving tools (Veeva RIM) and Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) tools (OPX2 from Planisware) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work different time zone hours (UK from if US based or US if UK based) and ability to travel 15% of the time is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Project-Management_R0019037-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency