Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
The Spotfire Developer is responsible for the overall delivery of Spotfire visualizations and capabilities for PVE (Pharmacovigilance & Epidemiology). The responsibility includes contributing to the overall design and scope of the capability. This includes re-using existing processes within Data Analytics while also introducing techniques that would be more applicable to Spotfire. This role will report into the Data Analytics team, which belongs to the larger PVE Systems team. This role will also need to work closely with IT's Information Management and Business Intelligence teams.
Lead training material design, documentation and delivery efforts
System Related Development
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Develop Spotfire development processes that fit with the current Data Analytics processes at Gilead
- Mentor and train other members of Data Analytics on Spotfire
- Build a training plan and curriculum
- Engage with Customers to help them design visualizations that answer business questions
- Gently instruct while firmly guiding Customers to design outputs that drive answers
- Educate Customers to the features of Spotfire that would be of benefit
- Produce detailed design documents to match business requirements
- Review any Spotfire systems-related requirements
- Collaborate with members in Systems, Data Analytics, Project Management, IT, QA, etc to update the Spotfire environment
- Stay up-to-date with current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives and educate Colleagues and Customers
- Participate in cross-functional discussions and presentations
- Lead training material design, documentation and delivery efforts
- Partner effectively with IT Teams to deliver benefit to PVE
Additional Knowledge, Skills
- Pharma experience is preferred, especially working with Research and Development/R&D/Development Operations functions (Drug Safety, Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Data Management, Epidemiology)
- Experience working with validated/qualified applications is preferred
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the current and future technology architecture, including the inter-operability of technologies, within their area of expertise
- Maintains up to date knowledge of leading-edge technologies and how they can be applied to own area
- Provides guidance and training to other IT colleagues in their area of expertise
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in requirements gathering, process mapping and design, system documentation
- Work closely with different functional areas and project teams to identify and document reporting / Data interface requirements
- Collaborate within IT to understand the data sources necessary to implement the planning and reporting applications interfaces requirements
- Help drive testing activities to ensure accuracy and validity of data and reports across all boundary applications.
Education & Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Typical candidates will possess significant relevant experience and BA/BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent OR substantial experience with advanced degree or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Spotfire-Developer_R0019006
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency