Associate, Outsourced Manufacturing
Associate, Outsourced Manufacturing
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate-Outsourced Manufacturing, Drug Product Manufacturing
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This role will work closely with development teams to lead and support the outsourcing of development, testing and manufacturing of clinical/development drug products at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Actively support the outsourcing of drug substance and drug product manufacturing (including but not limited to oral solid dosage, biologics and sterile manufacturing) in partnership with the technical teams.
- Prepare, review and negotiate request for proposals
- Enter purchase requisitions to Gilead accounting system (Oracle)
- Ensure accurate and on-time payments to Gilead partners
- Monitor and verify implementation of Gilead's controlled documents at CMOs
- Monitor and track Gilead owned resources at partner sites, including equipment and materials
- Support business reviews with external partners
- Effectively communicate issues to management and project teams
Job Functions and Duties:
- Organize and participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with CMOs; work closely with Gilead teams to manage deliverables
- Maintain outsourced project timelines and ensure progress against established dates
- Support the onboarding of CMOs including integration into Gilead systems
- Proactively communicate issues, project changes to key stakeholders and facilitate timely discussion and resolution
- Maintain project documentation, included but not limited to; meeting minutes, project timelines, proposals/business agreements etc.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Foundational knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple programs/projects; sound organizational and time management skills is essential
- Ability to work under uncertainty and to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to solve problems through ingenuity and collaboration with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Project management experience and/or certification are a plus
- This position may require up to 5% domestic and international travel
- 2+ years of experience in a biotech organization or relevant manufacturing environment and a BA or BS degree; an MA/MS/MBA degree may be considered with 1+ years of relevant experience.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Associate--Outsourced-Manufacturing_R0019020
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency