Sr. Research Scientist II, Medicinal Chemistry
Sr. Research Scientist II, Medicinal Chemistry
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. We have worked tirelessly to bring forward medicines for life-threatening diseases in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. The way we see it, the impossible is not impossible. It's simply what hasn't been achieved yet. This is how we built a culture of excellence that is fueled by a passion for improving lives of people around the world. We are growing a diverse team of professionals and we need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier.
As a Sr. Research Scientist II, you will join a cross-functional research team whose goal is to discover transformative medicines for life-threatening diseases. With state-of-the-art research facilities and a team of experienced scientists who are passionate about discovering drugs, the Medicinal Chemistry group at Gilead empowers every chemist to take part in the act of innovation. In addition to developing custom syntheses, you will be responsible for generating molecular designs by interpreting and integrating biological data. Interactions with colleagues in biology and other disciplines offer new avenues for development and are facilitated through team meetings where all levels of the department join discussions and contribute ideas. Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Ability to design and execute synthetic routes generating complex structures
- Provide creative medicinal and synthetic chemistry problem solving to enable the discovery of development candidates
- Participate as an engaged member of a highly interactive Medicinal Chemistry department
- Collaborate effectively with drug metabolism, biology, nonclinical safety, and structural chemistry to drive drug discovery projects
- Contribute to high-performing teams with an inclusive and innovative culture
- Ability to analyze complex datasets across functional areas and using data to drive compound design
- Maintain state of the art knowledge on synthetic methods and medicinal chemistry concepts
- PhD in Chemistry with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
- Require expertise in Organic Chemistry with an emphasis on synthetic methodology or total synthesis.
- Strong synthetic skills and a solid knowledge of modern organic synthesis techniques.
- Excellent track record and a commitment to tackling drug discovery challenges through organic synthesis.
- Prefer excellent leadership skills, experience supervising junior associates and a strong desire to succeed.
- Require excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Sr-Research-Scientist-II--Medicinal-Chemistry_R0019029
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency