Senior Scientist - Bioanalytical
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in developing, qualifying and transferring analytical methods to determine binding and biological activity of protein molecules such as antibodies.
- Write method SOPs; development and qualification reports; and transfer protocols.
- Provide assay support to R&D groups and play a leading role in transfer of the assays to Global Stability and Release, manufacturing plant, and/or a contractor. Some travel will be required.
- Train others and help troubleshoot assay problems as they occur.
- Interpret data and communicate experimental results through internal and external meetings, publications, and in reports.
- Accurately record experimental results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities and assure that the function and operation of the laboratory comply with the applicable procedures (safety, SOPs, and administrative procedures).
- Provide scientific input and recommendations to the project team decision making process.
- Keeps manager and matrix team leaders informed of progress and activities.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS or MS in biochemistry, biological sciences, Immunology, or related scientific field with 3-5 years of hands-on experience in biological method or immunoassay design and function.
- Have experience of using one of following bioanalytical techniques: surface plasmon resonance (SPR) technology by Biacore, Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) by Octet, HTRF or MSD.
- Experience with computer software packages used in the analysis of binding data.
The following skills would be an added benefit for this position:
- Ability to independently design, troubleshoot, execute and interpret the results from experiments.
- Ability to occasionally travel both in the US and abroad.
- Experience of other analytics techniques, particularly Octet, HTRF, MSD, Ella, qPCR or cell-based assay
- Experience with laboratory automation particularly using Hamilton
- Experience of method qualification and transfer to the GMP labs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence
- Strong technical writing skills for documentation
- Collaborates well with others in the group and across groups
- Performs timely data management, analysis and interpretation of results
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.