R&D Systems Analyst I
R&D Systems Analyst I
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- With limited guidance, may participate in a team in the development and maintenance of business applications.
- Participates in the evaluation, design, and development of applications that automate and support across Development.
- Provides systems administration and technical support for non-GMP and GMP regulated environment.
- Provides end-user support and training including troubleshooting problems at the application level (includes working with vendors to resolve issues).
- Co-ordinates with Infrastructure, IT, and Database administrators to ensure continuous system availability.
- Provides architectural solutions for interface developments.
- Supports the development of use cases and documentation of user requirements and functional requirements specifications to ensure that requirements are complete, accurate, and testable.
- Supports the development of test strategies and defining test data (design the approach for testing each requirement).
- Documents and manages software defects, issues and enhancement by providing assessments and
- Works with business and Information Technology partners to enhance applications to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
- May investigate project feasibility, prepare project cost and benefit estimates, estimates project resource needs for staff and consultants
- Provide end-user support for various platforms and systems.
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts with the project/delivery lead.
- Provides systems training to end users, contributes to process improvements, and the evaluation of third-party products.
- Consults with users, management, and vendors to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects or responsible for individual business targets.
Essential Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Associates Degree with 4+ years OR Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years OR Masters' Degree with 0+ years of experience in IT and Life sciences.
- Good understanding of database technologies including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain and developed systems independently.
- Strong documentation and customer service skills.
- Experience with software development life cycle, system integration, lab instrument interface to a LIMS/ELN system.
- Direct experience in working with enterprise systems such as Microsoft collaboration tools.
- Experience implementing and supporting LIMS and ELN systems (Benchling, LabWare, BioVia etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and self-managed.
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire, JMP etc) a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/R-D-Systems-Analyst-I_R0018774-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency