POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW – Bioinformatics and Genetics
A postdoctoral fellowship position is available immediately in the Scleroderma Genomics and Health Disparities Unit at the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), NIH. The position is based in Bethesda, Maryland. The goal of the Gourh Lab is to use computational methods in the study of mechanism involved in the field of autoimmunity. We are currently focused on unraveling the genetics of a rare autoimmune disease, systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). To achieve these goals, we are utilizing molecular biology, genome editing, genomics, microscopy and bioinformatic tools.
The candidate will perform essential data analysis of genome-wide experiments, including genome-wide association studies (GWAS), large data SNP imputation, high-throughput DNA/RNA sequencing, ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, and ATAC-Seq. Our laboratory represents an exciting and highly diverse group of scientists from a wide range of backgrounds and biological training.
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, genetics or genomics
- Expertise in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, or R)
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system
- Experience with PLINK and genetic Imputation pipelines
- Experience with analyzing functional genomics experiments
- Self-motivated with ability to conduct independent research and work cooperatively with other scientists
- Excellent communication skills and strong capability to interact with bench scientists
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, publication record, and the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three people who could provide letters of reference by email to Dr Pravitt Gourh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.
Apply for POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW – Bioinformatics and Genetics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly