Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Israel - Tel Aviv
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs - Infectious Diseases (HCV, HDV, Anti fungal, COVID-19)
Gilead Sciences in Israel is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Manager, Infectious Diseases, in Gilead Israel Medical Affairs Department.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Compliantly support the recruitment and execution of Israeli clinical trials related to Infectious Diseases.
- Contribute to the development, execution and coordination of the Medical Affairs plans of action (POA) for the various Infectious Diseases.
- Develop and implement defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs POAs and other strategic initiatives
- Provide medical leadership to plan and execute Medical Affairs Advisory Programs and provide support as needed to cross-functional HCP advisory boards.
- Develop effective working relationships as the medical expert with cross functional teams. Work closely with field based employees as well as office based staff to rapidly respond to questions, issues, etc. from sites
- Establish strong working links with all relevant Gilead departments (e.g.Global MedAffairs,, Market Access, Government Affairs, Marketing, etc)
- Generate and disseminate data to support use of Gilead products for the treatment of Infectious Diseases (including pipeline, as appropriate)
- Support the development of local Phase 4 Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR)
- Lead the medical and scientific review of local promotional materials related to Infectious Diseases
- Responsible for adverse event reporting and for the compliant management of all activities in accordance with local and global regulatory requirements and policies
- Conference coverage (national and international) including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with KTLs
- Responsible for answering unsolicited requests for medical information
- Responsible for the various Infectious Diseases medical affairs budgets.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- M.D., PhD. or Pharm.D preferred
- Pharma Industry experience in Medical Affairs, including previous experience as Medical Manager.
- Strong clinical research background.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiating communication skill
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Must be able to utilize complex scientific resources for development of educational programs and presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Organized; attention to detail and able to meet timelines in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Must be able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Must be fully cognizant and adhere to all regulatory and legal (Business Conduct) requirements for clinical trials and other Medical Affairs activities
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Position requires >50% travel
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Israel---Tel-Aviv/Senior-Manager--Medical-Affairs_R0017912-3
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency