Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director of Biostatistics, Virology
Biostatisticians work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to ensure appropriate design, statistical analysis and reporting of Gilead clinical data in efficiently achieving regulatory, scientific and business objectives.Key Skills:
Job Responsibilities and Skills:
- Collaborate with outside experts and internal colleagues to present and publish trial results and statistical analysis within and outside of the Company.
- Specialize in Pediatric area to serve as a Company-wide resource.
- Has knowledge of regulatory requirements to ensure the Company meets regulatory, scientific, and business objectives.
- Oversees training programs for the job family and provides strategic direction for the group.
Education and Experience:
- Works collaboratively with Statistical Programming, Biostatistics, Clinical Research, Clinical Data Management, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory and Project Management management/staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Uses knowledge of Regulatory requirements regarding statistical principles to ensure the company meets its Regulatory, scientific, and business objectives; collaborates with study investigators, outside experts, and internal colleagues to present and publish trial results and statistical analyses within and outside of the company, negotiates project timelines given constraints, works with senior management and Human Resources to identify long-term staffing plans, provides career development opportunities to staff, and participates in strategic risk assessment based on statistical analyses or principles.
- Is expected to oversee and contribute to the completion of all technical and operational statistical activities for pediatric development program for multiple compounds or equivalent through management of internal and external resources.
- Provides overall leadership for a departmental strategic initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has understanding of the business beyond the area of Biostatistics and is a recognized authority outside of the company.
- Can make effective decisions where information is limited or solutions may produce unpleasant consequences in the short term.
- Able to set up and influence collaborations with external academic or government organizations to extend visibility or business need of the company.
- Can set up data monitoring committees for clinical studies.
- Able to identify the most critical aspects of a problem/issue.
- Can use competitive intelligence to influence clinical development strategies.
- Proven ability to directly supervise personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Significant years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS software and a BS degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Director--Biostatistics_R0018910
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency