Senior Research Scientist I Single B cell Antibody Discovery
Senior Research Scientist I Single B cell Antibody Discovery
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
The Biologics Discovery group is a specialized team within the Protein Therapeutics function that is responsible for the discovery and optimization of biologic drug candidates. We seek a highly motivated scientist with experience in the application of single B cell methods for antibody discovery to join this team in a newly created position. The incumbent will establish single B cell antibody discovery by implementing a single cell-based workflow that enables identification of lead antibody candidates for all therapeutic areas at Gilead. The scientist will also play an important role in contributing to our growing biologics portfolio by collaborating with therapeutic area scientists to assess and enable exploratory projects and by representing the Protein Therapeutics function as a biologics subject matter expert within formal Research project teams.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Build out single B cell antibody discovery platform with protein- and cell-based binding readouts. Interact and collaborate closely with the internal NGS and Bioinformatics groups for integration of this single cell-based discovery workflow with downstream sequence recovery and analysis.
- Utilize the single B cell platform for the construction of natively paired antibody libraries for display technologies. Interact and collaborate with internal Biologics Discovery colleagues that collectively have extensive experience in antibody display technologies.
- Lead a small group of employees within the Biologics Discovery group.
- Manage immunizations by working with an internal group and specialized CROs.
- Interact and collaborate with other internal groups (protein therapeutics, therapeutic areas, pharmacokinetics, toxicology, biomarker sciences, IP) and external scientists to discuss and advance biotherapeutic research projects.
- Provide expertise to project teams in antibody discovery, optimization, and characterization.
- Represent the Protein Therapeutics function in evaluation of in-licensing opportunities of biologics candidates or research platforms.
- Deliver scientific presentations to projects teams and senior management.
- Contribute to drafting of patents and documentation supporting IND filings.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Applicants must have i) a Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline such as molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, and at least 3 years of experience, preferably in industry, in antibody discovery and development; ii) a track record in delivering biotherapeutic candidates using single B cell antibody discovery technologies. An ideal candidate will have experience in most of the following areas:
- Application of single B-cell technologies to monitor binding and functional activity of target-specific antibodies. Experience with display technologies is not required.
- Experience in immunization-based approaches for antibody discovery with good understanding of humoral immunity.
- Mastery in FACS-based selection and sorting of immune cells.
- Knowledge of antibody effector function and its application in biologics design and development.
- Ability to define project goals, timelines and resource requirements.
- Management of external work at CROs in support of therapeutic antibody discovery.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Research-Scientist-I---Single-B-cell-Antibody-Discovery_R0018878-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency