Assistant/Associate Professor in Biomedical Sciences
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
Classification: Faculty; 1.0 FTE Full Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Chairs, Department of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Education: MD, PhD, or Equivalent
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Departments of Basic and Clinical Sciences at the California Northstate University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Biomedical Sciences including Pharmacology, Physiology, Anatomy, Cardiovascular/Pulmonary, Biostatistics, and Rheumatology. These positions participate and assist the Department Chairs and faculty colleagues in the planning, directing, and implementation of the college of medicine programs and assist in the development and teaching of curricula that integrates the different specialty areas. The positions will serve the academic mission of the Departments in teaching medical students, performing scholarly activities, and providing institutional service. In addition, other responsibilities may include student advising, student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an extramurally funded research program, teach medical students, participate in the interdisciplinary Biomedical Research graduate program, and contribute to the service activities of the departments. The Department of Basic Sciences provides an open-policy Laboratory space where Faculty members share several common equipment including PCR machines, microplate readers, imaging system, Flow cytometry, separate tissue culture rooms with incubators and Biosafety level 2 cabinets, cryofreezing and -80 and -20 freezers.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.)
- Commitment to professional excellence
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD, DO, SeD, etc.)
- Experience in teaching Systems at the medical school level will be strongly preferred.
- Experience in teaching in an integrated curriculum will be preferred
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary environment
- A history of exceptional scholarly, professional and/or individual achievement
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor in Biomedical Sciences
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly