Strategic Projects Director
Strategic Projects Director
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. Is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The Director, Strategic Projects in Managed Markets Strategy & Operations (MSO), based in Foster City, CA, has the primary responsibility to manage and execute cross functional projects and coordinate resources. This is a part-time role targeted to work approximately 20 hours per week.
This role will be immersed in strategic and operational analysis as well as take a lead role in driving large projects to have an impact on the US business.
This role reports to the Vice President of Managed Markets Strategy & Operations.
- Focus on driving business results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration and cross functional / leadership alignment.
- Analyze data and develop insights to drive strategic business decisions
- Influence leadership to ensure programs, processes, and initiatives are meaningful and aligned to the overall business strategy
- partner closely with Government Affairs, Legal, Finance, Brand leadership and Collaborate across Managed Markets
- Lead the maintenance, refinement and refreshing of the MSO strategy
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution and support project management of these initiatives.
- Develop and maintain work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports.
- Assist with coordination of QBR/business updates, Scorecard tracking, leadership meetings, project/initiative presentations, all Hands presentations;
- Curate topical discussions for leadership team meetings and drive actions / follow-up process
Capabilities & Requirements
- proactive thinker who is capable and adept at strategy development and implementation. This must balance staying ahead of the curve thinking with practical realities and an ability to produce relevant work products that directly support the business decisions.
- Strong strategic thinking. Experience and ability to develop and articulate complex strategic issues and ideas
- Ability to influence to align and execute strategies
- Must be able to provide structure to ambiguous ideas and questions.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills and must be proficient in PowerPoint to develop executive level materials for communications.
- Strong analytics skills, familiar with excel and comfortable understanding and generating basic quantitative models.
- Nimble and adaptive. Must be able to work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines and meet all deadlines. Needs to be able to quickly digest and prioritize information. Need to be adaptive and open to new ideas.
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated consistent cross-functional collaborator, and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Strong leadership and communication skills across functions and leadership teams; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Ability to gain depth of understanding of the function's financials; in partnership with finance partners, identify initiatives to support commercial opportunities for growth and return on shareholder value
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- 10+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master of Business Administration or other advanced degree, preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Strategic-Projects-Director_R0018843-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency