Counsel, US Pricing & Access, Commercial Legal
Counsel, US Pricing & Access, Commercial Legal
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The U.S. Pricing & Access, Commercial Legal team at Gilead is seeking a creative and collaborative attorney to join a multi-faceted practice within a close knit-team that advises a number of business units throughout Gilead's commercial organization. As a team, we are thoughtful, innovative, and friendly. We are passionate about getting innovative medicines to patients to improve the health and well-being of our communities. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be a practical and business-minded attorney with significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements for biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies.
Responsibilities will include supporting business strategy, including but not limited to distribution, patient support, pricing matters, and arrangements with government agencies and managed care organizations across a broad array of therapeutic areas. Candidates with an understanding of managed markets, health care fraud and abuse laws are preferred, and knowledge of federal and state health care privacy laws and FDA promotional rules would be beneficial.
Essential Duties and Functions:
This Counsel will serve as a key member of the team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contracting with pharmacies, healthcare professionals, commercial, state and federal payers, managed care organizations and pharmacy benefit managers in compliance with healthcare fraud and abuse risks and legal obligations when interacting with these entities.
- Provide advice and support to various functions within Gilead including: Commercial Contracting, Patient Support, Trade Relations, Government Affairs, Managed Markets, Global Value & Access, and Government Pricing.
- Contracting support in connection with company product launch initiatives
- Provide advice and counsel to Gilead Government Affairs in connection with the Frontlines of Communities in the United States (FOCUS) Program.
- Appropriately manage workload, demonstrate an ability to prioritize effectively, and deliver results within agreed timelines.
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership, creativity, and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues in an enthusiastic and fast-paced environment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience analyzing complex healthcare regulatory issues, including Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and related exceptions and safe harbors, coverage and reimbursement issues, privacy, anti-trust, and government pricing issues.
- Understanding of (i) health care compliance, (ii) prescription drug distribution channel(s) and contracting with the various parties in this channel, (iii) how managed care organizations are structured and their role in the prescription drug channel and (iv) the rules and regulations concerning healthcare programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, 340B, and the Veterans Administration).
- Individual must be a team player, self-motivated, able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging legal issues and able to effectively deliver sound and clear legal advice in a business setting; ability to work well with other Legal team members and build consensus among various stakeholders while maintaining a compliant approach.
- Be resourceful, flexible and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Have a J.D. from a nationally recognized law school; member in good standing of the California Bar, or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
- Approximately 2+ years (associate counsel) or 4+ years (counsel) as health law counsel either at a law firm, company and/or government (OIG, CMS or FDA) demonstrating growth and ability to succeed.
- Experience drafting and reviewing agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Counsel--US--Pricing---Access--Commercial-Legal_R0018810
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency