QC Chemist III
QC Chemist III
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
This QC Chemist III role requires significant expertise/specialisation in analytics for Solid Oral Dosage and Biological Product Portfolios. It is responsible for analytical operations including Analytical Method Transfers, New Product Introductions, process & cleaning optimisations, technical investigations and quality control testing to support our GMP operations.
QC Chemist III, Grade 26 within the QC Technical Support function.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Technical leadership of Analytical Method Validation/Transfers for Solid Oral Dosage & for Biological Products as appropriate.
- Execution of process and cleaning validation studies in support of New Product Introductions.
- Provision of technical support to Operations for investigations and optimisation projects.
- Deliver new technologies and continuous improvement initiatives to meet business requirements.
- Lead QC TS investigations/troubleshooting and technical projects within the function.
- Support the procurement and qualification of new equipment for new product technology transfers.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: UPLC, HPLC, CE,) and ability to critically evaluate data quality.
- Proficiently executes biological laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis (CE), and other separation techniques commonly used for biologics such as size-exclusion (SE) etc as well as Bio-Assays with experience in performing Cell Binding and Cell Cytotoxicity Assays
- Reviews data and results of testing to ensure compliance to appropriate specifications and protocols.
- Writes and executes protocols and reports.
- Assists in the training of QC staff.
- Writes and revises methods, specifications, and SOP's as needed.
- May develop methods for performing cleaning validations.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding of project goals and methods
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills
- Executes analysis efficiently, consistently, and with high quality and suggests improvements.
- Acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interfaces with key cross functional stakeholders locally, CTLs and across the Gilead network including Foster City, New Jersey, Edmonton and Oceanside.
Skills & Expertise:
- Experience in test methods for Solid Oral Dosage, biologic and biopharmaceutical products
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cGMP, quality control (QC), and regulatory requirements for GMP laboratories in pharmaceutical industry.
- Advanced knowledge of current Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Hands-on experience with equipment qualification and analytical techniques such as UPLC/HPLC, CE, SE and potency assay is an advantage.
- Knowledge of software such as Empower and LIMS.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve moderately complex problems and good judgement in making recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external partners, self-motivation and adaptability
Typical Education & Experience:
- Significant years of relevant experience with BA or BSc degree in Chemistry, Biopharmaceutical Science or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a biologics testing laboratory a distinct advantage.
- Resilient & dynamic profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/QC-Chemist-III_R0018882
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency