Manufacturing Technician IV
Manufacturing Technician IV
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manufacturing Tech IV
- This is a 2nd Shift Role. 1PM-11:30PM, Tuesday-Friday
- Responsible for pharmaceutical manufacturing in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Ensures consistent completion of all the planned manufacturing activities assigned to him/herself.
- Minimize waste of the resources (worktime, materials, and components).
- Organize workplace to maximize the throughput and minimize risks of errors.
- Follow well defined procedures closely, with attention to detail.
- Practice strong aseptic technique.
- Document activities accurately and clearly as per GDP.
- Operate manufacturing equipment according to well defined procedures.
- Daily monitoring of the process.
- Minor maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Preparation of media, supplements, and/or buffers, where applicable.
- Revise/draft standard operating procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Report and document deviations, when encountered.
- Train new employees, where qualified.
- Organize/trend data, where applicable.
- Troubleshoot and recommend corrective/preventive actions (CAPAs), where applicable.
- Draft deviations, CAPAs, and/or change controls, where requested.
- Review completed manufacturing batch records for accuracy.
- Revise manufacturing batch records, where applicable.
- Motivate, mentor and coach the team.
- Ensure shift activities are performed in accordance with the schedule in order to support organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure compliance in operations.
- Proactively communicate and escalate to management any outstanding issues, or concerns of a compliance, quality, safety, or any other critical matter.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must possess strong communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to document clearly and accurately as per GDP.
- Ability to follow SOPs as written.
- Possess strong aseptic technique.
- Be proficient with MS Office.
- Train new manufacturing specialists as per established SOPs.
- Mentor and lead by example. Have an aptitude for troubleshooting.
- Be proactive in identifying, communicating and escalating issues.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a cGMP manufacturing industry setting OR a High School Diploma with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in a cGMP manufacturing setting.
- Ability to closely review documentation as per GDP.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Manufacturing-Technician-IV_R0018785
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency