Associate Director or Senior Scientist - Preclinical Studies
Elucida is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Scientist or Associate Director level (depending upon level of experience) individual to join our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the CSO, this new position will be responsible for designing and managing Elucida’s in vivo preclinical and antibody development programs for our current and future candidate CDCs. The individual will coordinate and supervise the studies performed at the CROs that Elucida engages and will work closely with the CSO and the scientific team to guide and prioritize preclinical and clinical drug candidates. The individual will participate in the writing of critical regulatory documents including preINDs, INDs and clinical trial protocols. As the company grows, the incumbent will have the ability to contribute to building the organization and further advancing his/her leadership position.
- Manage Elucida’s antibody engineering and preclinical CRO projects.
- Design and interpret results from in vivo efficacy studies.
- Work closely with the CSO and in vitro team to coordinate study plans, timing and prioritize candidate CDCs.
- Work with CSO to author and review preclinical sections of regulatory documents including preINDs, INDs clinical protocols.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of biotech/pharma experience.
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific area.
- Experienced with preclinical in vivo mouse oncology models including xenograft, orthotopic (e.g., brain) and PDX tumor models.
- Capable of managing work performed by CROs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility, creativity and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, identify and resolve scientific issues.
Additional Desirable Experience/Skills:
- Experience in antibody development.
- Experience in assisting with writing of IND.
- Broad experience in a small company environment.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
This is a high growth, fast paced, small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
Elucida Oncology is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Elucida Oncology, Inc. is a Monmouth, New Jersey based biotechnology company committed to developing targeted C’Dot Drug Conjugates, or CDCs, for the treatment of cancer. Elucida Oncology anticipates initiating clinical studies with its lead CDC in mid-2021.
Elucida’s C’Dot platform has unique properties due to its ultra-small size and composition that enables CDCs to both rapidly target and penetrate tumors, even those in difficult to access regions like the brain, and to clear from the body primarily through the kidneys. Our CDCs are functionalized with multiple targeting ligands (e.g., peptides or small antibody fragments) to promote tumor-targeting specificity and potent payloads via linkers designed to maintain their stability in the circulation and release in the tumor. Our lead program is centered around the targeting of topoisomerase 1 inhibitors to folate receptor alpha overexpressing tumors.