Supply Chain Specialist IV
Supply Chain Specialist IV
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Supply Chain Specialist IV
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position:
- Responsible for managing supplies for dynamic clinical studies associated with multiple clinical development programs across the lifecycle of the programs (Phase 1, 2, 3 and Late Phase).
- Supports end-to-end clinical supply responsibilities including but not limited to protocol interpretation, demand planning, supply planning, distribution, inventory management, label generation and planning and execution of labeling operations at partner contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Supports clinical material supply and materials management operational tasks related to on-going and new clinical trials.
- Coordinates and monitors daily clinical drug shipments at various contract depots.
- Monitors clinical shipments to ensure timely deliveries and resolve any shipping related issues.
- Enters clinical supply information in GILDA including part number, lot number, depot location and quantities.
- Coordinates drug returns for re-distribution and for disposal activities with contract depots.
- Reviews inventory report for quantity, lot status, expiration dates. Rebalances depot inventories when needed.
- Investigates and resolves inventory discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Coordinates domestic and international shipments to ensure Gilead SOPs are followed at contractor facilities.
- Completes daily inventory transactions including stock transfers, sales orders, work orders, inventory adjustments and disposals.
- Reviews and revises departmental SOPs to streamline and to improve current practices.
- Manages clinical trials independently, working closely with Clinical, Collaborators and Investigators, and clinical Packaging/Labeling group to ensure adequate clinical materials are available for ongoing or new clinical trials.
- Works on non-routine problems and schedules meetings to communicate changes.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Works on assignments that range from routine to moderately non-routine in nature where independent action and initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Able to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to develop solutions to non-routine problems.
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
Master's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Supply-Chain-Specialist-IV_R0018865-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency