Manager, Competitive Intelligence Cross TA
Manager, Competitive Intelligence Cross TA
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Competitive Intelligence - Cross TA
Foster City, CA
Manager, Competitive Intelligence (CI) will support CI activities across the CI organization at Gilead. The role will be global and cross therapeutic area, focused on helping the CI leads to collect, synthesize, and deliver key insights and implications on the competitive environment related to marketed products, pipeline compounds, and corporate development opportunity assessments. Key areas of focus in this effort are the strategies, programs, and capabilities of competitors in both early-phase and marketed areas, as well as industry trends such as treatment guidelines, government affairs and IP. This role will be highly cross functional in nature and the ideal candidate will have tremendous agility, flexibility and collaborative skills. This role will report into the Associate Director, CI and will be based in Foster City, CA
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Utilizing systematic processes to gather and summarize competitive information that is relevant to the business needs for all the Gilead brands/therapeutic areas.
- Providing context and objective analysis of competitive (commercial, clinical, and scientific) information to enable actions and business decision-making (for both internal Gilead projects as well as assessment of potential licensing or acquisition activities).
- Building and updating databases on indication or MOA landscapes, competitor pipeline products and estimated potential launch timing.
- Building and maintaining select competitor product profiles to support market assessment of competitive Gilead projects.
- Providing conference coverage and analytic support of emerging clinical and market data.
- Communicating key competitive information to teams throughout the organization through oral and written communication.
- Following pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality.
- Manage third party agencies/projects to source relevant CI.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge regarding the drug development and commercialization process in order to assess and contextualize competitive efforts.
- Ability to interpret and synthesize pre-clinical and clinical scientific data and identify broader implications for our programs and / or specific opportunities.
- Ability to develop and execute research efforts to develop requested fact base / respond to key stakeholder requests.
- Experience in use of online data sources and scientific/market databases (e.g., Informa Pharma Intelligence, DataMonitor, clinicaltrials.gov, TrialTrove, Evaluate Pharma, etc.)
- History of effective written and verbal communication skills (including both PowerPoint and Word/email mediums).
- Willingness to adapt and be flexible in providing cross TA CI support depending upon business needs and timelines
- Excellent task management skills (specifically project planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution) are required.
- Aptitude for learning new scientific, business, and industry concepts and developing subject matter expertise in limited timeframes
- Team player who can fit seamlessly into diverse cross-functional settings, collaborate, and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required. Advance degree in a scientific discipline or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically CI, consulting, marketing or analytics with a BA/BS OR 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically CI, consulting, marketing or analytics with a MA/MS.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Competitive-Intelligence---Cross-TA_R0018846-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency