Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology -- Tenure Track
Join the College of Art, Sciences & Education at Montana State University-Northern! As faculty in the Biology Degree program, you will be responsible for teaching courses in the biological sciences and courses that support our Nursing, Integrated Health Sciences and Health & Physical Education programs.
This is a tenure-track position to teach courses for the Biology Degree Program in addition to courses that support the Nursing, Integrated Health Sciences, and Health/Physical Education programs. Our programs are growing and, as such, candidates that represent diverse areas of expertise in the biological sciences will be considered Expertise areas are broad and may include, but are not limited to, organismal biology, ecology, and molecular biology.
The successful applicant’s teaching responsibilities include human anatomy and physiology, as well as preparation and teaching of labs and courses in their study area. Participation in an active undergraduate research program is encouraged.
Located in Havre, Montana, Montana State University-Northern is north central Montana's comprehensive university offering programs and services at the associate, baccalaureate, and master's levels.
The Havre area offers great access to outdoor activities: with mountains, lakes, rivers, and prairies add to the variety. Havre is the Hill County Seat and offers a hospital, a fun downtown, an active community theater, as well as county offices. Havre has many pretty city parks and neighborhoods. Beyond Havre there are smaller, more rural communities with ranches and farms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching classes in area of study;
- Preparing for and teaching labs in area of study;
- Advising students;
- Participating in College and University committees.
- Doctorate required, but ABD in an applicable biological field by time of appointment may be considered.
- Successful teaching experience at the college level;
- Experience teaching human anatomy and physiology;
- Scholarly activity;
- Ability to teach online courses;
- Ability to incorporate instruction technology into course delivery;
- Experience advising students for degree completion;
- Experience mentoring students from diverse backgrounds.