Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Manager, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology Phase IV Research
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Manager who is passionate about patient care and oncology, is a self-starter, and has a proven track record of success in prior roles. You will play a critical and exciting role in helping the Global Oncology Medical Affairs organization support current therapies and support its future Oncology pipeline products. This role will focus on oncology specifically with regards to managing, maintaining, and executing the oncology medical affairs research strategy.
This role is based in Foster City, CA.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- As a content manager and product expert, serve as a key contributor for Oncology Global Medical Affairs, specifically with management of the investigator supported studies, collaborative studies, and other research programs
- Manage projects related to the review, approval, and medical oversight of Oncology Global Medical Affairs investigator-sponsored research program
- Execute and manage research collaborations that are aligned with the Medical Affairs Oncology integrated evidence plans
- Work closely with cooperative groups, academic societies, and institutions globally
- Independently manage the analysis of novel, emerging data and determine relevant information to incorporate into medical content
- Participate in Medical Affairs global activities including management of internal sites, publication and conference data, and medical sub-team meetings
- Work collaboratively with Medical Scientists, Clinical Research, Commercial/Marketing, Medical Information, and other cross-functional teams to address key clinical questions
- Work collaboratively with Gilead personnel across multiple functional areas, including Commercial, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology, Regulatory, and Legal/Business Conduct
- Analyze complex trial data and provide interpretation to outside departments in various venues
- Attend medical conferences to assess/gather relevant information and support activities related to Oncology research
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Advanced degree (i.e. MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, NP/PA)
- 3+ years industry experience required
- Relevant experience with oncology investigator-sponsored research programs or network research groups preferred, but not required
- Prior academic and/or clinical experience in oncology preferred, but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively and experience working on cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required, with experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Must have a good working knowledge of the therapeutic area and clinical management
- Committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Ability to utilize moderately complex scientific resources across a variety of different settings
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--Medical-Affairs_R0018784-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency