Executive Director, Project Management - Virology
Executive Director, Project Management - Virology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Executive Director of R&D Project Management partners with the Therapeutic Area (TA) Leader for Virology to coordinate TA level activities, including running the TA cross-functional Leadership Team. The leader ensures that the programs within the TA are moving at the required cadence and in line with Gilead governance and company goals and that programs are adequately staffed. In addition, this leader ensures that the programs have timely governance oversight for their required decisions as well as mentors, guides and provides development opportunities for a team of 3-5 Project Managers at various levels.
- Leads, coaches and develops a team of Project Managers/Leaders at various career levels aligned to the Virology therapeutic area
- Directs highly complex project communications at the executive level and ensures that all TA stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status
- Schedules, coordinates preparation for and manages TA governance meetings in partnership with TA head
- Facilitates goal-setting at the TA level, ensuring alignment with company goals
- Aligns on agenda items for Governance and seeks decision from Governance in a time-appropriate fashion
- Ensures pre-read content for Governance is robust and complete with the required cross-functional input and fit with TA strategy
- Liaises with Development, Research and Commercial to facilitate alignment on strategy and project priorities
- Works with TA head & VP Project Management to appropriately assign project leads and project managers for a given program
- Due Diligence - participates in assessing and reviewing potential opportunities; provides integration; and project management support post-acquisition
- Ensures project management attendance at all Research Scientific Project Reviews pertaining to their projects and be the conduit to Research for the development support required to support governance approval for the transition of a molecule between Research & Development
- Provides updated TA level documents and information for quarterly consolidated R&D updates, R&D LE budget reviews, quarterly investor relations/Board of Director updates, the Scientific Advisory Boards and the Portfolio Review process
- Bachelors degree with 15+ years OR Masters degree with 12+ years OR PhD in a scientific discipline/DVM/MD with 10+ years of project management and pharmaceutical line management and/or pharmaceutical functional area scientific experience
- Previous experience participating in cross-functional project management at the Therapeutic Area level
- Extensive understanding of and experience guiding Project Teams through the drug development process
- Extensive understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects at the executive level interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior people leadership experience
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, highly-matrixed environment
- Proven experience successfully supporting multiple complex, time-sensitive activities simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools
- Ability to work successfully under minimal (at times, no supervision), determine personal work plan, and operate independently
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Project-Management---Virology_R0016879
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency