Research Assistant Professor of Lung Biology
Performing cutting edge research in molecular and cellular mechanisms of Immune responses in the lung and extrapulmonary organs against pathogenic microbes and sepsis, training postdoctoral researchers and graduate students related to techniques, presenting research findings at national and international meetings, writing manuscripts and organizing laboratory reagents for research. See recent articles for more details about research avenues (Blood, 2019, Mucosal Immunology, 2019, PLoS Pathogens, 2018). In addition, responsible for the overall program supervision for the NIH Center for Lung Biology and Disease (CLBD).
- Conduct studies to evaluate the roles of innate and adaptive immune molecules in pathogenic bacterial infection and sepsis using a mouse model and human cells.
- Assist in the general administration of all accounts and paperwork associated with the CLBD programs, including assisting in the preparation of sub-awards, overseeing records of grant expenditures. This involves working closely with CLBD director, junior principal investigators and coordinators and LSU business and accounting personnel. Assist in arranging travel and reimbursement of expenses for attending workshops, training sessions and annual retreats
- Writing laboratory manuscripts
- Training postdoctoral researchers and graduate students related to techniques
- Organizing laboratory reagents for research.
- Ph.D with 4-6 years experience in immunology or microbial pathogenesis.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written).
Prior research experience in a university setting
Special or Physical Qualifications:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability and willingness to work some holidays (flexible scheduling of hours may be available).
- Due to the nature of the position and/or position responsibilities this position shall be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with University Policy Statement 67.
Please provide your cover letter, CV, and three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address. A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire. Please attach ALL required documents under the "Resume/CV" section of your application.
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu