Supply Chain Specialist IV -Sourcing and Procurement
Supply Chain Specialist IV -Sourcing and Procurement
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to our workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead Sciences, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in Supply Chain at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking motivated, team oriented individuals with expertise in sourcing and procurement with a focus on general laboratory supplies and related services. The qualified Supply Chain Specialist will make procurement decisions for the pre-approved sources, develop additional sources for the approved specifications by evaluating alternate vendors, and ensure ordering to prevent material/inventory shortages.
- Manages the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers through supporting activities including sourcing of suppliers, requesting quotes, converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders, communicating lead times and backorders, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, etc.
- Performs non-routine activities relating to changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance by developing, utilizing and presenting applicable metrics and KPI.
- Serves as an escalation point to resolve problems within the Purchase to Pay process, e.g. troubleshoot incorrect orders, invoices, payments, purchase orders, return authorizations, etc.
- Utilizes expertise in strategic sourcing of maintenance repair parts and services as well as general lab consumables.
- Compiles and analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, and total spend. Prepares reports as requested and required.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of industry-related suppliers and capabilities.
- Maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Works on non-routine to routine problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Supports budget development and adherence through sourcing strategies and identifying cost improvements.
- Exercises judgment within well-defined and established procedures and practices to determine appropriate action - identifies problems and generates alternatives and recommendations within defined processes.
- Inputs, maintains, and adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; 3+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Able to work on assignments that range from routine to moderately non-routine in nature where independent action and initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment and support multiple activities simultaneously. Determines personal work plan, and schedules tasks and activities with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Experience with software related to evaluation and presentation of metrics/KPI like Bravo, Tableau, and Smartsheet is a plus.
- Strong experience with enterprise systems like Oracle EBS and Maximo preferred.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Supply-Chain-Specialist-IV--Sourcing-and-Procurement_R0018751-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency