Manufacturing Technician I
Manufacturing Technician I
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manufacturing Technician I
- Responsible for providing support to manufacturing to maintain the production environment through the cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of clean rooms and equipment as well as preparing needed materials for use in both the upstream and downstream manufacturing areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes upstream and downstream areas. Decontaminates transferred equipment according to cGMP guidelines, SOPs, and any other pertinent policies and controls.
- Supports manufacturing readiness through the preparation and staging of materials and equipment utilizing the automated washer and autoclave.
- Provides logistical support to stage materials and equipment as needed.
- Attends and successfully completes all mandatory cGMP training.
- Ensures that a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Brings equipment and facility issues to the attention of the immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Writes work orders when necessary.
- It is each employee's responsibility to perform their work properly and ensure a product or service meets the current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements for Safety, Identity, Strength, Purity, and Quality.
- It is each employee's responsibility to immediately report observations regarding anything that deviates from established standards to their supervisor and to the Quality function.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills to work with management and manufacturing personnel
- Completes all documentation in a legible, error free, and timely manner following good documentation practices.
- Understand and follow any documented procedures (e.g., SOPs), and work in a controlled low bioburden environment.
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision and a hands-on approach to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner.
- Able to work in a team environment and work collaboratively with management and colleagues.
Education & Experience
- A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of one (1) year of experience.
- Familiar with basic requirements for maintaining and operating in a controlled environment.
- Basic math skills and strong ability to solve problems.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Manufacturing-Technician-I_R0018749
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency