Pre- and postdoctoral position in Attosecond Molecular Science
Pre- and postdoctoral position available in the framework of the recently awarded Synergy Grant of the European Research Council TOMATTO (the ultimate Time scale of Organic Molecular optoelectronics: the ATTOsecond).
The goal of the project is to overcome the femtosecond time-scale bottleneck and get direct information on the early stages of electron and charge transfer generated by visible and ultraviolet light absorption on organic optoelectronic systems, by extending the available experimental and theoretical tools of attosecond science beyond the state of the art and combining them with the most advanced methods in organic synthesis. The objective is to provide clear-cut movies of electron and charge transfer processes with unprecedented time resolution with the ultimate goal of engineering the molecular response to optimize the light driven processes leading to the desired opto-electronic behavior.
The research activity will be based on the synergic work of three research teams led by Prof. Fernando Martín (IMDEA Nanoscience and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain, https://campusys.qui.uam.es/), Prof. Mauro Nisoli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy, http://www.attosecond.fisi.polimi.it/), and Prof. Nazario Martín (Universidad Complu-tense de Madrid, Spain, http://www.nazariomartingroup.com/).
- Graduate (for predoc positions) or PhD (for postdoc positions) degree in physics, chemistry or a related discipline. Applications will be considered also from candidates who have completed a doctoral course of studies and for whom the defense has been scheduled.
- Proven experience in advanced theoretical methods for attosecond science, or experimental work with ultrafast laser systems and/or high-order harmonic generation and/or attosecond/femtosecond spectroscopy and/or EUV/x-ray instrumentation, or organic synthesis.
- Good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The main duty is to conduct research, including experimental or theoretical activities on ultrafast lasers and attosecond/femtosecond EUV beamlines, or organic synthesis, as well as data analysis and modeling and manuscript writing. Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours. Good and collaborative attitude with other group members is expected, as well as a willingness to take on some practical issues fairly shared among the group members.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English and be compiled into a PDF-file containing:
- CV including a list of publications
- General description of past research and future research interests (no more than two pages)
- Contact information of at least two references
- Copy of the degree certificate, and other certificates/grades that you wish to be considered.
Important: Your academic referees should send us recommendation letters via email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
The position will start with a renewable 1-year contract up to a maximum of 4 years. The salary follows European standard scales and will depend on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Apply for Pre- and postdoctoral position in Attosecond Molecular Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly