Manager, IT Communications
Manager, IT Communications
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out Gilead NC Careers at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Manager, IT Communications will be an important part of IT's new internal creative agency and assist with communicating and marketing IT's technology launches to the company. Gilead IT is seeking someone with a passion for writing, helping people, and making the complex simple. For instance, when the company begins leveraging a new platform for video conferencing, this person will help design a marketing and communication strategy, write email campaigns, simplify technical instructions into simpler terms and graphics, and ensure that employees at our company have what they need to understand and use the new platform.
The IT Communications Manager will report to the Associate Director of IT Change Management. As part of this new team, you will help facilitate large-scale transformation initiatives and promote adoption of new, exciting technologies throughout the company. Additional functions include:
- Communication Writing: Write content including email campaigns, web copy, survey questions, PowerPoint presentations, and posters
- Editorial Calendaring: Manage and input information into editorial calendars and partner with the company's IT Communications and Employee Communications departments to get approval before sending.
- Partner with IT stakeholders: Partner with the deployment leads from IT that are handling the technology aspects of the launches as well as vendors to understand what the technology can do, test and pilot the technology, and take what you have learned and create communication materials to help the general population transition to the new tool
- Audience Matrix: Refine and update key Gilead personas and end-user information - accessible to all OCM team members
This role will directly support the IT Organizational Change Management (OCM) team and will actively collaborate across IT and supporting business functions.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Create clear communications and messaging that leverage the standard communication platforms and think outside of the box to utilize innovative ways of engaging end-users.
- Ensure messaging alignment and managing editorial calendars across IT projects.
- Develop and execute communications campaigns that utilize a variety of media channels.
- Contribute communication strategy to the change management plan or document activities in a separate communication plan.
- Work with subject matter experts and technical leads to identify key messages, benefits, and end-user impacts.
- Create content for print, electronic, audio, face-to-face and video distribution.
- Create elevator pitch, talking points, and Frequently Asked Questions, etc.
- Identify and remediate instances of existing information that may conflict with new messaging.
- Edit and organize content for newsletters and informational websites.
- Manage project mailboxes, discussion boards, and/or Yammer groups to distribute messages and promptly respond to inquiries.
- Assist with coordination and delivery of communications events, such as technical guest speakers and management presentations.
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative and compelling, and aligned and integrated with the appropriate corporate, cross-functional, and functional messages. Be comfortable with hands-on production of final deliverables to ensure consistency and reinforce values to support Gilead's vision.
- Collaborate with employee communications, executive communications, and branding/graphic design teams, to deliver results and ensure alignment of messages across businesses and disciplines.
- Assist training and support teams by contributing to and reviewing training materials, knowledge base articles, outage notifications, etc.
- Hands on experience in program and/or business communication
- Experience working in IT and/or business/industry a plus
- Some experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects; and influencing management and key stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and experience with the following:
- Developing and organizing content that will be distributed online (i.e. writing for the web)
- Explaining technical concepts to non-technical users
- Presenting to and managing questions from large groups
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to quickly learn
- Strong ability to source, develop, and draft a wide range of communications materials - including blog posts, narratives, and video scripts
- Ability to conceptualize page layouts and create graphics for print or digital assets
- Strong organizational and project management skills; Ability to manage programs from concept to completion flawlessly, working with internal teams and external vendors
- Serious attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Secure and shape thought leadership opportunities for our executives as it applies to business-critical program launches
- Ability to simplify complex, technical concepts and make them human, relatable, and visual
- Strong operational rigor and self-discipline
- Comfort working at a fast pace and with ambiguity; ability to lead complex projects, contribute to cross-functional initiatives
- Self-motivated individual, highly collaborative and great attitude
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Manager--IT-Communications_R0018674-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency