Manager, IT Organizational Change
Manager, IT Organizational Change
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out Gilead NC Careers at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Manager, IT Organizational Change is an exciting new position will serve as the adoption and change management lead for largescale employee productivity initiatives from IT to the company. For instance, when the company begins leveraging a new technology platform such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom, this person will identify the current and future state capabilities/uses, understand the behavioral changes and education needed to complete the transition, and develop and execute the communication/marketing plan for driving adoption amongst employees.
Are you a Marketing and/or Communications wiz? This role is part of a new team that will function as an internal agency with creative talent including strategy, graphic design, and copywriting to support large-scale transformation initiatives and promote adoption of technologies throughout the company. The Manager, IT Organizational Change will report to the Associate Director of IT Change Management and be responsible for overseeing functions including:
- IT Program Portfolio: Driving and implementing effective change management plans to support technology deployments to the company
- Organizational Change Management Methodology: Ensuring implementation plans adhere to the organization's change management standard process and methodology
- Program and Organizational Change Management: Partnering closely with others to enable employee engagement, communication, and development for Organizational Change Management organization.
The primary focus of this role is on the people side of technological changes and driving employee impact, maximize acceptance, and increase user adoption.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Strategize and ideate creative, strategic, memorable campaigns and creative that will excite and motivate employees to take action.
- Drive a structured methodology and deliver change management activities.
- Work with other Change Managers within IT and the business to conduct readiness and resistance assessments using surveys, interviews, focus groups, or other methods; evaluate and summarize findings for executive management and steering teams.
- Work with IT Management to identify the scope of changes and affected users related to the project. Complete End User Assessments such as Audience Analysis and Change Impact Assessments to determine the degree of audience impact.
- Partner with Business Engagement Managers to understand the departmental goals and daily ways of working to align technologies to business needs.
- Identify potential areas of resistance and draft mitigation approaches.
- Compose a change management plan outlining the strategies and schedules for related OCM workstreams to engage sponsors, change behaviors and drive adoption.
- Craft communications that provide awareness and motivate users to adopt the new technology. Partner with public affairs for alignment of messaging and distribution.
- Develop and execute training strategies in alignment with IT Training. Coordinate training and mentoring activities for varying audience types.
- Assist IT support teams, by contributing to and reviewing knowledge base articles, end-user manuals, outage notifications, etc. Review Help Desk tickets and feedback from local site support to gain insight into end-user pain points.
- Manage project mailboxes, discussion boards, and/or Yammer groups to distribute messages and promptly respond to inquiries.
- Leverage existing (or manage new) Change Champion groups gather success stories.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of users.
- Report on effectiveness of OCM activities and user satisfaction
- Provide sustainment recommendations to incorporate OCM efforts into ongoing service offerings.
- Hands on experience in internal change management role (in IT and/or business/industry)
- Hands on experience leading change management work
- Certified in Prosci or another Change Management acumen
- Certification in Agile practices a plus
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects and influencing key stakeholders
- Expertise in engaging individuals, teams, and leadership
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence leaders; skilled in asking the right question(s) - in combination - to elicit a response for the leader/team needs at the moment
- Skilled at reading and responding to the energy, knowing what is working/not, and adjusting facilitation style on the fly to accommodate the needs of the group
- Demonstrating value as a thought partner
- Skilled at enabling those doing the work to contribute what they can and to remove any impediment that may be getting in the way of achieving program goals
- Strong storytelling skills; ability to use stories to engage, inform, or inspire others. Drawing stories out of leaders and encouraging them to use storytelling as a leadership skill with an intense focus on end-user perspectives
- Leading a group process toward shared outcomes that the group then collectively owns. (+ Planning, designing, and conducting structured and effective sessions for larger groups.)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Manager--IT-Organizational-Change_R0018672-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency