Sr Research Scientist II, Process Chemistry
Sr Research Scientist II, Process Chemistry
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacturing of drug substances
- Proposes alternative chemistry including new route selection and step optimization
- May lead projects where they will be responsible and accountable to make deliveries of API to support IND enabling toxicology studies as well as first in human Phase I clinical studies.
Must have a thorough understanding on API production in a GMP environment, GMP compliance, novel route generation and implementation.
- Advances the development of economical, state-of-the-art techniques to isolate, characterize, purify and mass-produce substances.
- Plans, designs, implements and analyses laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or drug products.
- Advises members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Determines how impurities are formed, tracked and purged throughout a reaction and the subsequent processing
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results
- Maintains full working knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience and PhD in Organic Chemistry or 10+ years of experience and MS or 13+ years of experience and BS degree
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthetic sequences
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and strategy
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit
- Familiarity with modern purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS and NMR
- Well-versed in scientific literature searching software (SciFinder, Reaxys etc.)
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems
NOTE: Please Include Research Summary with Application
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-II--Process-Chemistry_R0018606-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency