Sr Event Planner
Sr Event Planner
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Event Planner
Gilead is seeking a Senior Event Planner to join our Meetings & Events department primarily responsible for congress activities for the US Commercial team. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor's degree in marketing, event management, or other related fields and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties.
Independently manage all aspects of participation in and execution of congress presence for Gilead to include and not limited to:
- Congress management to include strategic partnership and collaboration with stakeholders, budget management and optimization, vendor management, collaboration and partnership with peers within the M&E Team.
- Management of meeting registration, accommodation, and ancillary meeting requests for Gilead participants. Registration management includes (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges).
- Lead internal workgroups and booth development meetings with external agencies on production of exhibit booth, promotional materials, and program materials for delivery to key customers at congresses.
- Knowledge of exhibit booth asset management for large, mid, and small portable programs. E.g. 100x70, 50x40, 20x20, and 10x10 exhibits and tabletops. Ideal candidate with experience exhibiting at Liver and Oncology conferences such as AASLD, ASH, and ASCO.
- Tech saavy and have experience in managing microsite / web development build out for virtual congresses.
- Meet with conference organizers to ensure Gilead is informed on latest congress protocol for the association; inform association of recommendations, if needed, for changes to their process based on an overall Gilead attendee experience.
- Develop and implement event timelines and action plans developed in collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Lead logistical pre-event planning and communication, onsite execution and post event wrap-up / analysis to include surveys, debriefs, and budget reconciliation.
- Evaluate and update or establish procedures relating to SOP maintenance around key activities for events to improve overall efficiencies, streamline execution and measure effectiveness; and drive recommendations for change in identifying gaps.
- Budget responsibilities includes initiating purchase orders, check requests, and honorariums, tracking event budget, reconciling budget post event and reporting expenses per Legal requirements. Manage budget and monthly accruals associated with the respective events executed and tasked with making budgetary decisions based on experience and perceived value.
- As needed, conduct site visits and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements and communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Vendor management to ensure deliverables and timelines are successfully met to expectation.
- Mentor less experienced employees on event planning, logistics and project management
- Will also have responsibility for strategic projects that impact the broader team and organization; may lead the roll-out of new applications, tools, and processes to end-users
- Manage without authority, leadership and oversight of events led by other planners to ensure consistency and continuity across the organization
- Key contributor to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards
Knowledge & Skills/Competencies
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrate developing skills within analytical expertise, influence and initiative
- Initiative within planning and proactivity- operates outside the scope of expectations and is pro-active in taking on additional cross-functional responsibilities to improve efficiencies within the respective congresses and meetings.
- Strategic thinking - demonstrates strategic orientation by recognizing simpler patterns in complex situations and projecting outcome.
- Execution and problem-solving skills under pressure is core to this role. Communicating persuasively - excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to influence senior management and to establish effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Gaining support - through established channels, identifies needs to build support of a solution or idea and establishes trust through actions
- Able to be successful working independently as well as within the context of a team.
- Must have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical environment and exhibit the ability to be proactive with respect to congress planning and event management.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence objectives.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Suite.
- Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools such as financial management, work order management, Cvent, Crowd Compass, JiffleNow, SmartSheet and platforms to host virtual or hybrid congresses and meetings (ON24, Intrado, Adobe Connect).
- This role will require travel approximately 30%
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience and a BS or BA degree in Event Management, Marketing, or equivalent
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or equivalent certification - preferred
- Significant congress and event management experience - required
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry- strongly preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Event-Planner_R0018680
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency