Associate Director, Global Analytics and Insights, Oncology
Associate Director, Global Analytics and Insights, Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director in Gilead's Global Analytics and Insights (GA&I) group participates actively in Commercial efforts by providing an objective and detailed understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. This individual must possess a broad skill set (e.g. functional expertise, therapeutic knowledge, communication skills, etc.) to ensure efficient execution of GA&I objectives with a diverse set of key stakeholders - including Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS, e.g. Global Marketing), Clinical Development, Corporate Development, Commercial Strategy, functional Commercial Operations counterparts, Project & Portfolio Management and global Commercial leadership.
This role will have global responsibility for generating foundational market understanding within Gilead's Oncology therapeutic area through the execution of market research and forecasting/analytics in key commercial markets (i.e. US, EU and Japan). This position will support the commercialization efforts for pipeline assets, inform the lifecycle management process and collaborate with GCPS' Therapeutic Area Leads to guide product and disease area strategy. The role will report to a Director, Global Analytics & Insights for Oncology.
Example Duties & Functions
- Define Global market research priorities in collaboration with GCPS Indication and/or Therapeutic Area Leads to proactively address key business decisions
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and payers
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Examine research findings to understand data, key market insights and implications for Gilead
- Develop long-term (i.e. 10-year) strategic forecasts for pipeline and marketed products that incorporate disease epidemiology, evolving treatment paradigms, competitive products and global pricing and access dynamics
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis to support decision-making
- Communicate results of market research and forecasting/analytics to a variety of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization:
- Develop clear and effective communication materials (e.g. reports, presentations) targeted to key audiences
- Present and lead discussion of results and insights in a collaborative, efficient manner
- Work with GCPS Indication and/or Therapeutic Area Leads to understand implications of market research and forecasting/analytics insights for Gilead's business, and develop plans to address these implications
- Lead ad hoc strategy projects and initiatives (e.g. evaluating new indications and markets) for internal assets and external opportunities
- Work with group leadership to improve the efficiency, consistency, rigor, and credibility of GA&I, in collaboration with key global partners (US, EU and Japan)
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent analytical, market research and interpretive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines. Ability to represent the GA&I function on cross-functional teams, including accountability for GA&I contributions and provision of information and recommendations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required. Demonstrated persuasive written and verbal communication skills and effective in a variety of presentation settings. Comfortable influencing senior management
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Sought out as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required.
- Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution. In-depth ability to use Microsoft Office and other planning software required
- Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty
- Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Some travel required
Specific Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 5+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Experience in Oncology is preferred
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches.
- Experience developing and using Excel-based models and conducting quantitative analysis is required
- Previous experience in launching products, and exposure to pharmaceutical product development and brand marketing are preferred
- BA/BS degree in finance, life sciences or medicine is required, and an MBA or advanced degree is desirable
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Global-Analytics-and-Insights--Oncology_R0018673-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency