Associate Scientist, Analytical Operations
Associate Scientist, Analytical Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support non-routine development activities and project goals.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques to support the programs.
- Troubleshoots analytical methods and lab instrumentations.
- Performs physical and chemical characterization of drug substances and drug products
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Process and interprets data. Presents findings at group meetings and technical seminars.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel and lab analysts to develop methods.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Develops subject matter expertise in an analytical technique and acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
- Coordinates and monitors specific method development activities or studies within a larger project.
- Works cross-functionally with process chemistry, formulations development, analytical method validation, release and stability groups to develop drug candidates.
- Authors reports, protocols, test methods, and other documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's with 8+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR master's degree with 6+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience. Degrees should be in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on proficiency and problem-solving skills with HPLC/UPLC, GC or other chromatographic techniques. Experience with Mass Spectrometry is highly preferred. Familiarity with spectroscopic techniques is an advantage.
- Skills and knowledge in solid-state characterization (FTIR, XRPD, DSC, TGA, PSD) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in NMR characterization of small molecules is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist--Analytical-Operations_R0018641-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency