Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This role resides within the automation engineering team at the Cork site. The individual is responsible for the support and continual development of the automation systems across all areas of manufacturing site. The automation infrastructure consists of a wide variety of complex control and IT based systems that operate within a highly regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Job duties include:
- Troubleshoot complex control systems on a variety of batch process equipment and high speed packaging equipment
- Participate in a team that provides automation support for the production equipment
- Manage the compliance aspects associated with the site control systems such as change management controls, corrective action / preventative action procedures
- Comply with established Gilead Sciences practices, policies and processes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance activities as tracked through the equipment management system
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve the efficiency and compliance of the automation systems on site
- Mentor the more junior members of the team
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A third level qualification related to the field of automation engineering, preferably BSc Computer Science or BEng Electrical / Automation Engineering.
- Significant years industrial practical automation experience within a regulated environment, preferably pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing environments
- Effective communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate effective teamwork abilities within diverse team environments
- Experienced with quality compliance systems and the use of change management techniques within regulated industries
- Highly organized with strong time management techniques and meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in a range of PLC based control systems, primarily Siemens and Allen Bradley
- Proficient in the use of industrial PC and Operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Demonstrable expertise with industrial SCADA systems, WinCC and iFix
- Demonstrate expertise in the use and faultfinding of industrial networking systems - ProfiNET, ProfiBUS, ASiBus, EthernetIP, RS232, RS485, TCP/IP across switched and routed networks
- Possess thorough fault-finding techniques on complex control systems
- Some project management experience and with preferably with experience of using MS Project or other similar packages
- Comfortable with the use of SQL databases
- Ideally a working knowledge of industrial vision systems, preferably Cognex
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages, particularly VB
- Preferably a working knowledge in the use of OSI PI historian system
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Automation-Engineer_R0018639
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency