Research Assistant II - Symptom Research
- Plans and performs various experiments with rodents to assess behaviors (e.g., cognitive function, signs of neuropathy, fatigue).
- Performs injections, surgeries, and other manipulations in mice.
- Collects and processes tissues from mice for further analysis.
- Performs ELISA, Western blotting, PCR, immunohistochemistry, or other bench techniques as needed.
- Records and evaluates data obtained in accordance with methods requested and reports the findings to the PI.
- Coordinates ordering lab supplies.
- Trains RA1, students and new members of the lab in animal handling and experiments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences. Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html