Associate Director, Trade Operations (Latin America Distributors)
Associate Director, Trade Operations (Latin America Distributors)
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Florida - Miami
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Director of Global Commercial Operations (GCO) - Head of Latin America Commercial Operations of the Intercontinental Region, our Associate Director, Trade Operations is responsible for the Trade Operations function, specific to Latin America distributor markets (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela) via regional distributor partnerships.
Our Associate Director, Trade Operations leads all aspects of Trade Operations for the distributor markets and serves as the Trade Operations partner for our General Manager. You would work closely with Business Unit leads and cross-functional partners (internal and external) to ensure services are rendered appropriately, and the quality of Trade Operations deliverables is consistently high. You would also partner with the Intercontinental Commercial Operations (ICO) Center of Excellence (COE) lead for Trade Operations to ensure critical capabilities are delivered to the markets.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, and experienced, with a strong track record in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. Moreover, they must have effectively demonstrated the ability to manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, leverage a global network and partner with leaders within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Functions:
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Demand Forecast Process - Commercial Lead:
- Develop, implement and lead the Demand Forecasting process.
- Responsible for the monthly cycle and driving optimal forecast accuracy.
- Supply and distribution management:
- Commercial oversight of supply chain management to ensure supply meets market demand requirements.
- Point of escalation for regional supply and distribution issues management.
- Lead and manage Distribution and Logistic partners to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the Sales & Operations Planning process, focused on forecast and demand planning accuracy, reduction of backorders, preparation and update of the sales valuation model for the budget exercises.
- Product planning in coordination with Global Supply Planning as well life-cycle management events including regulatory changes launches (NPI), divestments, etc.
- Responsible for periodic reporting activities and KPIs, delivering accurate and timely information mainly related to sales tracking by product, sector, closure reports and inventory management.
- Provide support to the Marketing, Sales and Regulatory teams internally and externally regarding finished product, product launches, orders, credit notes, delivery status, promotional material shipping and support in case of audits on logistics and distribution affairs.
- Support product launches with regards to logistics and distribution activities.
- Coordination of import and export operations of finished goods with the customs broker and including clinical studies goods and support material.
- Coordination with Logistic Service Provider regarding PO shipping and delivery of finished goods or any other goods, and management of external and internal customer issues.
- Responsible for coordinating Business Reviews on a quarterly basis with the Logistics Service Provider and distributor partners to develop, implement and evaluate KPIs for continuous improvements of the warehouse operations
- Coordinate inventory destruction of retired & expired products in compliance with the internal policies and health & environment standards
- Represent the Commercial Operations team by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion
- 25% travel required
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- B.A./B.S. and 10 years' experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry including expertise in trade operations, supply chain, manufacturing and/or logistics, with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities
- *8 years' experience with a Master's Degree, and 2 years experience for those who hold a Doctoral Degree
- An MBA is considered desirable
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required (Bilingual reading/writing/speaking)
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead and influence without authority
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate effectively, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to succinctly and productively communicate both orally and in writing, with experience presenting before Executive staff
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome barriers or resistance
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Trade-Operations--Latin-America-Distributors-_R0018475-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency