QA Specialist II
QA Specialist II
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
QA Specialist II
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of strong late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Working in Quality Assurance at Gilead:
Quality Assurance delivers on Gilead's commitment to bring life-changing therapies to patients through the robust QA processes and systems. Our approach is agile, innovative and collaborative and our teams are genuinely committed to the rapid delivery of safe life changing therapies. As part of the broader Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) team you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Provide Quality assistance and oversight during manufacturing on the shop floor (upstream and downstream), as required. Performance of daily walkthroughs of manufacturing, storage, and warehouse areas. Reviews and approvals ancillary documentation associated with production including logbooks, forms, etc. Assists in the identification, initiation and investigations of deviation records that may result during day-to-day operations. Responsible for quarantine material storage as well as raw material inspection and release of raw materials. Assures that the quality of manufactured products complies with all applicable regulations and guidelines. Assists with the review of production batch records and associated documentation required to release a production lot, as required.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Performs a wide variety of activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participates in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Maintains routine programs and processes to ensure high quality products and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices GLPs).
- Reviews Analytical, environmental monitoring, and quality control data for in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for final release of Raw Material and CofA for manufactured products.
- Works directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, statistical process control analyses and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
- Root cause analysis, corrective action based on investigative findings and with consideration of the long-term impact of decisions. Problem solving, detail analysis and recommendations on path forward.
- Interfaces with contract manufacturers and contract testing laboratories to address and resolve more complex product/process performance issues.
- Works with Research and Development during new product start-ups and identifies checkpoints for new products and processes.
- Normally receives very little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred, specially support QC or Analytical operations.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of CGMPs and/or GLPs.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of QA principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Biologics Analytical methods and techniques knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience in a GMP environment related field OR Master's degree and 2 + years of relevant experience.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/QA-Specialist-II_R0018580-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency