Senior Director, Marketing HR metastatic Breast Cancer (mBC)
Senior Director, Marketing HR metastatic Breast Cancer (mBC)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Marketing Director, HR+ metastatic Breast Cancer (mBC), will report directly to the Executive Director of Marketing for the Trodelvy, Solid Tumor Oncology business unit. The successful candidate will champion the marketing strategy and execution to support the HR+ HER2- mBC market. A key focus will be the launch of Trodelvy in the United States. You will provide brand leadership with an ability to set the vision, establish brand strategy, and drive brand sales and market share uptake. The Senior Director will oversee the budget and management of advertising agency partnerships.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Develop the HR+ mBC Brand Plan of Action (BPOA) for the marketing team, the investment plan for commercial leadership, and the launch POA for field sales teams. You will coordinate with Commercial Learning and Development (CL&D) team to and provide guidance on POA implementation
- Advise on the development and implementation of strategic and tactical promotional plans for patients with HR+ mBC as well as HCP's
- Distill market research findings into insights that support brand strategy development, positioning, and messaging. Coordinate with market insights team to set the future direction for insight generation
- Cultivate relationships with thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Partner cross-functionally with Legal, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory and Public Affairs, lead cross-functional projects as needed to support the launch
- Represent the marketing organization on Promotional Review Committee
- Work in close conjunction with commercial operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and capabilities
- Collaborate with other marketing and sales leads to ensure a coordinated approach concerning product promotions
- Develop marketing solutions to a wide range of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Assist with forecasting and budget decisions
- Identify and manage key agency partnerships to support commercial efforts
- Design the transition to the branded campaign and full build-out of all promotional materials (both personal and non-personal promotions)
- Guide with CL&D, the training, and integration of a new sales team focused on all HCPs in the total office environment
- Support the strategy and promotional planning for direct to patient promotions
- Mentor a cross-functional team to monitor and understand the rapidly changing HR+ mBC market.
- Provide recommendations for resource allocation (i.e., marketing mix) to adjust accordingly
- Build competitive readiness planning for future event and treatments in the marketplace
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- High-performing HCP and DTP marketer with the ability to set a vision and provide direction across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and can make informed decisions and recommendations among a set of strategic choices.
- Recognized expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical brand plan of action and consumer/ patient targeting and activation.
- Track record of successful pharma/biotech marketing with experience in expense budget planning, tracking, and ROI measurement.
- Possess excellent strategic thinking skills with the ability to formulate, develop and execute a marketing strategy.
- Proven leadership skills to set a vision, lead change, and lead and mentor others.
- An empowered leader with a strong executive presence and the ability to command respect through the exercise of sound business judgment and decisive decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, a bias for action, and tangible results
- Broad marketing and relevant cross-functional experience required.
- Recent Oncology product launch experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical product life cycle management in a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Leadership Qualities: Strategic Vision, Cross-functional Leadership, Project Management, Ability to influence with and without authority.
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' Experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Marketing-HR--metastatic-Breast-Cancer--mBC-_R0018588-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency