Assoc Director, R&D Information Systems
Assoc Director, R&D Information Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Actively engage, partner with, and form alliances both internal and external between business, IT, and vendor stakeholders to cultivate a network of data partners and to identify pressing data analysis questions and develop data structures as well as visualizations tailored to PDM interests, business processes and needs.
- Create and align on data sciences methodology and technologies through frequent communications and change management
- Be able to develop analytical methods to apply to business problems involving large quantities of data, choosing the right algorithms, appropriate optimization techniques, and models.
- Develop security and access models so that data is controlled but meets a broad range of needs and provides agility and velocity. This include balancing autonomy with access controls, and segregation of environments
- Provide program and project management influence across the different functions within the PDM organization. Lead and facilitate multiple projects.
- Provide direct management oversight to data sciences teams and technology implementation teams.
- Prepare and present business cases to explain the value and need for technology projects.
- Support building a data-driven culture and data-driven organization, conducive to data-driven decision making, quantitative analysis, identifying appropriate talent, and creating an environment conducive to effective data sciences and allowing for data-driven experiments.
- Stay current with modern and emerging big data, cloud, analytics, and visualization technologies as well as practical approaches to utilize such tools. Examples include big data in the cloud, data streaming and real-time analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, interactive visualization, and batch processing techniques
- Lead a Data Sciences, Analytics, Business Intelligence team of full-time and contract technical professionals to support Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) science and operations.
- Address technical architecture, the data life cycle process, and roles and responsibilities for people involved. (Examples include identifying and capturing data sets needed to solve complex issues and questions, data cataloguing, storage, compute, processing, analysis, search, use of business intelligence tools and visualizations for reporting, dashboards, and self-service)
- Build and execute on an approach to mature the data sciences capability including assessments, process, value targeting and proposition, business case, technology solutions, proof of value, and how to scale capabilities.
- Use oral and written communication skills to summarize, present results, and influence direction.
- Establish key performance indicators and metrics that measure the effectiveness, value and success of delivered solutions. This includes quality of deliverables, quality of service, effective of change management, measure of adoption and captured efficiencies
Essential Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- PhD with 4+ years of experience, OR MS, MBA with 8+ years of experience, OR a B.S with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experienced in domain areas of data sciences, analytics, business intelligence, cloud technologies, data visualization, data management, data governance, security, statistical analysis, information technology, data governance, data visualization, and cybersecurity.
- Experienced with engineering and architecting data lakes, data warehouses, and big data storage and compute platforms on AWS.In addition, experienced with modern high - performance columnar storage formats such as Apache Parquet and Optimized Row Columnar (ORC).
- Experienced with building and modeling a data sciences platform that address technology, process, and people. This includes understanding and building a data layer for data capture, ingestion, ETL, and data set management, analysis layer for analytics, compute, and batch processing, end user spaces for search, visualization, interactive tools, and self-service.
- Experienced with development tools and data cataloging, search, analysis, visualization, and reporting tools such as Python, SAS, Tableau, Power BI, and various Amazon Web Services tools (S3, Glacier, RDS, Redshift, EC2, Athena, EMR, Glue, Elasticsearch, Lambda, Kinesis, QuickSight)
- Strong skills in: team leadership, critical thinking, analytical thinking, communication, teamwork, project management, portfolio management, and influencing
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Assoc-Director--R-D-Information-Systems_R0018585-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency