Senior Manager, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology/Solid Tumours
Senior Manager, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology/Solid Tumours
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead has declared Oncology as one of the key therapeutic areas for future growth. Gilead is growing its pipeline in immune oncology through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Global Medical Affairs team for a Senior Manager, Global Medical Affairs within Oncology Team. This role will be office-based in Stockley Park, London, and report to Global Medical Affairs Director.
- Collaborates with project management, medical communications, commercial teams, medical information and R&D, in multiple areas including publication planning, evidence generation plan, data gap analysis, speaker education programs, reviews of manuscripts/abstracts/conference presentations, conference preparation, advisory boards and investigator meetings.
- Maintain regular communication with the Gilead MSL teams in the countries to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical education, support, and direction in alignment with Global Medical Affairs strategy.
- Provide scientific input to the Independent Medical Education, Grants, Investigator-Sponsored Research, Collaborative Research, and Promotional Review Committee in alignment with the Global Medical Strategy.
- Works with Assoc Director, Directors, Executive Director and Vice President on early development of a variety of projects, providing independent thought and initiative, ensuing project presentations and reports in place and quality execution.
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- May attend major conferences and help coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences, may present to external audience.
- Collaborates with the cross-functional team and execute on projects by providing more extensive scientific background, additional data/answers to their questions and project needs.
- Collaborates with the Medical Affairs Lead on selecting scientific issues/topics using expertise to support development of global scientific messages, inform strategy, create/update slide decks, and review of Medical Information response documents.
- Collaborates with senior management on developing global Plan of Action and ensure alignment of team activities.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be educated as an MD, DO, Ph.D or PharmD, ideally with experience of working within oncology/haematology therapy area
- Previous experience of working within medical affairs department
- Prior Global or large affiliate experience in medical affairs activities preferred.
- Oncology therapy area is highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiating communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Organised, attention to detail and able to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters and slides and presenting at scientific meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to suggest solutions for issues encountered with clinical studies and other projects in area of responsibility
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience can be beneficial.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required. (25% expected)
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Senior-Manager--Global-Medical-Affairs--Oncology-Solid-Tumours_R0018607-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency